PDA

View Full Version : flush lights in bathroom: help a newbie, please

asbhbhproductions
06-30-2007, 06:22 PM
We are new. We have an elite suite. The light in the ceiling just burned out. Please don't laugh--I have a question: Do we replace the entire piece that fits in the ceiling or just the bulb? If it is just the bulb, how do we get it out of the lens container? Thanks in advance...If double tree would just put out a manual it would REALLY help!

If you can think of something to help me, please tell me...thanks again.

WildJohn
06-30-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't know if you have the same light as our MS.. if so the light is easy to open (if you know how) first time was a learning experience. slide the lense back and allow it to come down. the bulb is available at home stores. it is a landscape bulb.. there are three wattages available.. the 11 watt is plenty bright for the light.. I don't now if a higher wattage is safe or for sure if the 11w is safe. ours is the same as the one over the kitchen sink. I plan to buy the lowest wattage bulb available to put over the sink. It is too bright for my taste. Of coarse all the small rocker switches control 12v items and the large paddle switches control 110 volt.
good luck and happy camping
all the time
John Wild

larry_electricguy
07-01-2007, 07:59 AM
don't go to a higher wattage than is already there. You'll likely melt or discoler the lens.

hitchup
07-01-2007, 09:48 AM
We received our manual after owning Elite for quite some time, but it doesn't cover things like this. If you're talking about the frosted glass, only the bulb inside is replaced.

Camping World version: CEC JC10 Halogen Fog/Driving 12V 10W

Lowes version: Sylvania Halogen Bi-pin G4 base T3 bulb

WildJohn
07-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I just noticed you called it a flush light.. lights? ours are surface mounted.. did you mean so you can see to flush?? electric guy that is what I meant by safe.. I was unable to read the wattage on either of my bulbs.. they were black and misshapen...like an old fashioned flash bulb after use... dating myself again... they have been working for a couple of months without problems though.
John