PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator problem

dshind
06-28-2007, 11:27 PM
I am having fridge problems...again.On setting 3 usually it will run at 35-38 degrees.It now won't get below 45-48.Dometic has replaced my cooling unit three times in the last year for the same problem. Every time it runs fine for a couple of months then starts to warm up again. We fulltime and wondered if leaving it on all the time damages it.One thing ,when we moved to our current location we were running it on gas while traveling(as we always do), and did go over some fairly uneven and bumpy roads and the problem started after we got set up. Any suggestions?

Motor31
06-29-2007, 08:29 AM
We've been running ours full time for almost 2 years now and no issues. We run on 120 volts when parked unless dry camping.

Is the slider clamp on the fins in the fridge side tight against the fins? Is it moving up and down? That little gizmo controls the temperature in the fridge since it senses the temperature the cooling element gets to.

rotaxman
06-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Dshind

In my 06 36 TK3 the refrig ran perfect for about the first 9 months then one day in the middle of August at the camp ground it went warm inside. It was very very hot outside and we were on electric. I looked outside and found that the fans were not running outside and that the wire had broken off of the little thermostat that attaches to the evaportator fins. I suspect that it was done at the factory when it was put together. The fridge worked well until it got very hot outside and then it needed the extra flow of the fans to get the hot air out of the compartment. I have since wired a switch in the cabinet next to the Microwave and turn it on when it gets very warm outside. You might check and make sure that your fans are running. Sorry for the long post.

Hope this is of some help

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

Hobo
06-30-2007, 12:11 PM
We have lived full time in our 04 going on 4 yrs and the only problem with the frig was the Electric heater burned out once.
We dry camp or use the gas setting more then 50% of the time.
Also I have been on miles and miles of ruff roads from I-10 to dirt (40 to 70 miles stretches) with no ill effect.
If you have been using the same service people each time, then maybe it is a installation problem. :?:

Hope you get to the bottom of it as I know being full time how much of a pain it is.

Rick H