PDA

View Full Version : Black and Decker coffee maker revisited

Mogolfers
06-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I guess I can't let this coffemaker thing rest! I contacted BD regarding my coffemaker. They told me Applica for some time now has made their coffeemakers. I then contacted Applica and they are sending a new improved carafe. You need model number etc to make your claim, they can be reached at applicaconsumeraffairs@fox-international.com

So for those of you that have not thrown it away, sold it in a garage sale or run over it with your 5th wheel, this is a second chance! :P

BobW
06-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Got my replacement a few weeks ago. Tried it a few times and I must say it is a great improvement. So in BD defense, they did a good job. I think the knew the had a lemon.

osiebosie
07-03-2007, 07:06 AM
Okay, I did a search on an earlier post about your coffee pot, but couldn't find it.

What was wrong with your carafe? Did you get a replacement because it did not pour well? Mine pours well... all over the counter if I am not VERY careful :( .

Thanks for the info.

Sharon

CherriandBob
07-03-2007, 08:23 AM
We had our MS at Charger for some repairs and one of the things I asked them to check was for a recall on the coffeemaker. Surprise when we picked the unit up a week later there was a brand new Black & Decker coffeemaker with a carafe that actually worked!! Glad we asked them to check. I don't know if they went through Doubletree or what. Maybe this is the style the are putting in units now. I just know it works alot better and I don't have to stand over the sink to pour a cup of coffee.
Cherri

Wife of Big Doofus
07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
How do I know if I have the newer model or the defective one? Can someone post a picture of the difference?

rotaxman
07-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Wife of big Doofus

Pour yourself a cup of coffee if it goes all over the counter top it's the old one. If it actually goes in your cup you have the new version

Have a great and safe 4th

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

BobW
07-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Mostly the craffe is new and allot better. The new ones don't have the tap at the bottom. And yes, the new one pores great. other than that they both look the same.

Mogolfers
07-08-2007, 09:30 PM
The new one they sent has the tap at the bottom. Oh No! Haven't tried it yet. Guess I better get it out of the 5er and see if it works. :oops:

osiebosie
07-13-2007, 08:55 AM
I contacted B&D and they told me how to get a new carafe, with money!

So my question is, did you have to purchase your new carafe, or did they replace yours at no cost?

Thanks,

Sharon

BobW
07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
No cost. My wife broke it while she was washing it. No questions asked. You need to talk to the right person.

osiebosie
07-14-2007, 09:21 AM
I clicked on the website in the original post.

All I got was a reply of where to order a new one.

Sharon

Mogolfers
07-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Got the new carafe free, it didn't work either. We called again and they agreed, if I pay shipping, to send a whole new coffemaker. I had to cut the end off the electrical cord to send them, I guess to show how much I hated it and wasn't just asking for a new one. I did & got great pleasure out of it. Look forward to the new one.

shergry
07-15-2007, 11:44 AM
You all have a lot of patience with this issue. DH got on phone with B&D, first time got the "pay for it to be shipped FedX." Got off the phone and discussed with DW....."we paid to much for this coach and extras to pay for bad coffee pot."
Got back on phone with another rep of B&D, relayed to cost not plausible for brand new coach--1st yr.
Rep said cut off cord (3in from plug...if you look you see numbers) and send that at a cost postage stamp. Rep put on ref # "Postage Paid." Received pot about 10 later at not cost to us, still have not used it. It looks the same at the other one, DW said put in belly and use old one til it breaks (also a B&D).