PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Under Stairs Light Is Out

cdango
05-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Noticed that the outside light under the stairs is out. went to change the bulb and discovered that it is a sealed unit and the bulbs do not look replaceable. The unit is orange in color and rectangular in shape. Is doubletree my only source to get this part? :P

jdwilson3
05-27-2007, 07:08 PM
I got mine from DT parts department.

Motor31
05-28-2007, 07:55 AM
Go look at an RV supply house or dealer supply store. DT didn't make that light, it's an off the shelf unit. You don't need to try to go to the factory for things like that, they're available where you can buy RV related parts and you don't have to try to get it shipped from DT.

Hobo
05-29-2007, 10:08 AM
It is really too bad the RV industry doesn't supply a user manual with parts list for standard industry used parts. Lights, Faucets, Ladders, etc. I guess they figure put in the user manuals for the major components and let us figure the rest out. Not that it is that hard but it would be nice to have all the information in one place.
Forum like this sure help. :P

Jack in Alaska
05-31-2007, 11:48 PM
I replaced my under step light this spring with a brighter one that really lights up the area. Found it in an automotive shop.

I agree with the previous comment about NOT running to the factory all the time for those little piddly things. Fix it your self. That is what RV'ing is about. Being self sufficient.

Motor31
06-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Most of the things I've had to replace on the rig have come from parts supply stores attatched to a regular RV dealer. I have yet to really deal with a DT dealer yet for this as well. The "other brands" are stocked with the same kind of stuff. I just replaced the water fitting for the black tank flush where the hose attatches as well as the back flow preventer valve and got them both off of the shelf at a dealer that has other brands like Jayco. They were not specific to DT and are both working fine. Go in the dealers store and if it looks like a mini campers world they probably have what you need. I look for ones that have a good selection of hardware rather than the picnic type supplies that cw has on display.

dlott84040
06-01-2007, 12:38 PM
I went to one of our local trailer supply stores and he provided me with a very large catalog of trailer parts. It has his name of the front but it is labeled 2006 RV Parts and Accessories with a number 98472 U.S. Edition. It says this catalog is a sysndicated publication by a nationwide distributor but has no return address so everything I order goes through my local distributor. It has nearly 800 pages of parts and RV supplies and it has nearly everthing. It has come in very handy for me. Doug

rotaxman
06-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Cdango

My 06 36TK3 has an amber light under the steps but the lens is removable so you can change out the bulbs. Maybe they changed on the later models no telling.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry