PDA

View Full Version : Day Night Shade Parts

cdango
05-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Today while opening up one of the shades the round plastic piece that mounts at the bottom of the window sill broke. This piece holds the string snug. I was wondering where i can find this part. Thanks in advance for any suggestions :P

westx
05-27-2007, 03:29 PM
I found them at a rv repair shop. I have replaced a number of ours. If you can't find them at a rv shop try a blind/shade business. Now I have some spares just in case.

Jack in Alaska
05-31-2007, 11:58 PM
My day/night shades are beginning to look like "Maggies drawers" that have been wadded up in a hamper too long. They are all wrinkly and look like h-ll. Why won't they fold back up properly and what do you do to make them fold correctly.??
My MS has had a few problems but none that make me nuts like those crappy looking shades. The drawer slides are getting close though. :?

Hobo
06-01-2007, 02:32 PM
My day/night shades are beginning to look like "Maggies drawers" that have been wadded up in a hamper too long. They are all wrinkly and look like h-ll. Why won't they fold back up properly and what do you do to make them fold correctly.??
My MS has had a few problems but none that make me nuts like those crappy looking shades. The drawer slides are getting close though. :?

Jack I want to know what your doing in our hamper :?: :lol:

When I checked our D/N shades because they were not folding correctly I found that the eyelets came out of p[lace letting the string saw thought the plastic. We called the factory and they warranty them, replacing what was needed and shipped them back within 2 weeks.

Rick

Jack in Alaska
06-02-2007, 02:38 AM
Hobo,
I am sure your dearly beloved's drawers are correctly folded and put away and not in the hamper. No pun intended.
Thanks for the tip.
Jack

Wife of Big Doofus
06-02-2007, 08:33 PM
One thing our dealer told us when we were going through our new unit was to occasionally spray the shades with starch. Anyone ever heard of this? I didn't really question why as I had so many other questions as we were trying to make everything else work!