PDA

View Full Version : Help on dometic Refrigerator issue

bardave
05-19-2007, 10:41 AM
taking a chance that someone will Know what the problem is and may respond.

my Dometic Refrigerator model NDR 1292, serial #
54200034, WILL NOT operate on gas when not plugged in
to power.

I can plug it in to power .... it operates on electric
....pushing the AES button, it goes to gas...I can
push the AES button back and forth between gas and
electric and it switches from electric to gas OK. I
can hear the gas operating in the backside of the
fridge.

While running on gas....I can unplug the power cord,
and the gas goes off, the refrigerator quits
working...

I have fully charged batteries

any clues as to why this happens and how I can fix it

bardave
05-19-2007, 12:24 PM
before anyone calls me a dumb butt.....Ill call myself that...
after 3 hours of dinking....taking fridge apart in the back etc....I flipped a light switch in thr trailer and no lights came on....which caused me to wonder...why no power in lights....
long story short.....my battery disconnect switch was engaged....(guess that happened at the dealership yesterday)

I engaged the switch and every thing is working fine now...the fridge switchs to gas when unplugged just fine..

sorry folks....Im now gonna go hid under a rock somewhere....

wingnut60
05-19-2007, 04:54 PM
David,

Don't think you are the only dumb one--worked many hours on my last Sunnybrook with similar problem, 'cept it was ONE of the two batteries was dead. Several people told me to check the batteries, but the batteries were only 4 months old at the time. Checked charge on both after several suggestions to do just that, one had a dead cell. Since they were in parallel, I guess, nothing would work. After many sweaty hours and lots of cuss words, I did what was basic to diagnose a 12 volt problem.

We are all human......

bstark
05-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the club of "inside-out, upside-down, backwards and hindsight. Your episode had a positive ending while many of mine that follow those same lines often end up with a crowd gathering and a formidable "witness" list to my stupidity.

Don't let it bother you as these form the basis of future campfire tales to delight the masses. If we can make others laugh it can't be all bad!

2 DA WDS
05-20-2007, 12:12 AM
You know, I wish those switches had a decal or were different to mark 'on' & 'off' better. I have no idea wether in or out is off or on! Maybe I should install a pilot light?!

Diesel-Gypsy
05-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I had a similar problem on the second day of ownership.
It didn't take me hours to figure it out, but it was the 12 volt dissconnect that caused the problem.

Nice to know the fridge isn't messed-up Ehh ?

Rick