PDA

View Full Version : Help on mattresses

wingnut60
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
My wife says we have to get a different mattress than what we got with the trailer. So, any thoughts on what might be a good one to look at?
And I think I have measured it at 72wx80l--that sound correct?

Thanks,
Joe

sigo'suite
05-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Joe,

City Mattress on Haltom Road in Haltom City makes great latex mattresses of varying densities and to your size specifications, if you are not wanting a spring mattress.

This link is for a site which makes air beds to any size specified:

http://www.bearbeds.com/index.html

Hope this helps.

Ron

BobW
05-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Did you notice that the mattress is round at the foot and more square at the head of the bed? I wonder if it would cram into the post. Just a thought brfore you buy.

Motor31
05-16-2007, 05:49 AM
We have the RE3 instread of the TK3. We went to a regular mattress store and got ours. We stopped at about 3 stores before we found the right mattress with the proper dimensions to fit under the shelf whem the slide pulls in. The hardest thing was to find a king size that was only about 8" tall. It seems the trend now is towards double height design. The standard king size unit fit otherwise and we've been very happy with it since.

DebDav
05-16-2007, 05:52 AM
We sleep on a Select Comfort Sleep Number mattress. Changed the existing king to a sleep number. better than home!!

Wait......it is home!

rverdlm
05-16-2007, 08:40 AM
We also have a Select Comfort and love it. It's bigger and thicker than the standard mattress, but we just let the air out before we bring the slide in and it works perfectly.

WildJohn
05-16-2007, 04:32 PM
We bought a Tempurpedic a little while before we bought out 'suite'. queen size.. and love it so much that we switched for the king that came with the suite.. didn't even take the plastic off. kinda makes the comforter/bedspread look funny by the mirror but wouldn't change it except for a king size... not a problem. fits well under the dresser.
good luck
enjoy your suite.

wingnut60
05-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Good ideas, thanks for the help.

Joe

billr
05-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Anyone have any experience with dogs jumping onto the air beds?? Do they hold up ok? (the beds that is) Big issue for us, since they just allow us to use THEIR Suite!!

We are looking into replacing the original bad mattress soon.

Any good deals on the sleep comfort beds?

Thanks,

Bill

RustyJC
05-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Just a comment in passing - both Sandy and I have commented that the mattress that came with our MS is more comfortable than any mattress we have at home, and we have Sealy Posturepedics, Sertas, etc.

Just goes to show you, I guess..... :D

Rusty

Wife of Big Doofus
05-17-2007, 10:51 AM
When we were looking at a 2005 MS it had a nice pillow top mattress that the dealer said came on the unit. The 2007 does not come with that nice of one. We stopped at Walmart the first night & bought a memory foam topper. It's 1 1/2" thick & goes under the drawer slide easy. It is a little shorter & a little wider than the factory mattress. I don't have the box to tell you the exact measurement, but it works great. Makes a lot of difference!! I think it was about $80+- & very worth it.

berghild
05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
the mattress...i never thought about it fitting under the dresser...so is a tempurpedic Heavy? veryone loves them and the sleep number...but I don't want to be letting air out all the time. In our present rig we installed nice deep queen,firm with pillowtop...if tempurpedic is not too heavy that would be great even if they are expensive. Or maybe a Dormia..thanks for any input

berghild
05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
the mattress...i never thought about it fitting under the dresser...so is a tempurpedic Heavy? veryone loves them and the sleep number...but I don't want to be letting air out all the time. In our present rig we installed nice deep queen,firm with pillowtop...if tempurpedic is not too heavy that would be great even if they are expensive. Or maybe a Dormia..thanks for any input

rverdlm
05-17-2007, 08:24 PM
First off the SC mattresses are not bothered by pets and they are guaranteed for 25 years and they do honor the guarantee.
Second, letting the air out is as easy as setting the number you want on the remote and walking away.

billr
05-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks Dave.

Cheers,
Bill

RonS
05-19-2007, 10:05 AM
When using the Select Comfort Air mattress, where do you put the pump, and were do you plug it in? Do you have to unplug when bringing in the bedroom slide? I have the 36TK3 with king bed, does the king Slect Comfort fit with the slide in dresser. Dont think I want to let air out each time we move to another park.

rverdlm
05-20-2007, 03:44 PM
My pump is under the head of the bed. It's plugged in beside the bed and yes you do need to unplug it before bringing in the slide. As I said before letting the air out is as simple as telling the remote and walking away while it lets the air out. Because our bed size is not a king or a California king our mattress (a cal king) is to long to go under the bed without letting the air out. A pretty easy solution considering the great nights sleep we get.

berghild
05-25-2007, 10:43 PM
are tempurpedic mattress' heavy? and what brand was that king mattrtess that slid under the dresser? that's one more thing that I didn't notice. We are spoiled by our present mattress..nice and FAT and firm

berghild
05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
are tempurpedic mattress' heavy? and what brand was that king mattrtess that slid under the dresser? that's one more thing that I didn't notice. We are spoiled by our present mattress..nice and FAT and firm