PDA

View Full Version : Stove cover lid

Motor31
05-09-2007, 08:21 AM
I know a bunch of us got a replacement stove cover, the large counter top like material that flips up over the stove, because of cracks in the original. Ours has cracked again. Has anyone else had a second cover go bad?

jack_diane_freedom
05-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Yes we had to replace a second stove cover on our TK3, third one seems to be holding up well.

Jack

47hook
05-09-2007, 10:47 AM
What do you think is causing the cracking? Are you using the oven with the lid down? Have you just used the stove top and while still hot putting the cover down?

Curious minds want to know what not to do...

shergry
05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
I realize we have only had our MS a few months, the first thing we noticed was a sticker on top of the stovetop cover saying not to put it down til 45 minutes later or felt cold to touch on top of stove. You are also suppose to keep the lid in the up position while using the oven, and again the 45 minute rule.
This being plastic versus granite I kinda get why they say this rule, pain to do but less expensive :D Good to know not hard to replace, ours seems to rub in the back when lifted up. Have not quite figures this one out yet.

jack_diane_freedom
05-09-2007, 01:31 PM
First one we did not lift. Second one we lifted always when oven on and it cracked also, third one we lift when oven is on and seems ok. It was the only one that came with the sticker as mentioned by another poster.

Jack

jdwilson3
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
This issue is not unique to Mobile Suites. We had the same issue with our 2000 Avion with Corian counter top.

Motor31
05-10-2007, 08:34 AM
After the first one cracked we started lifting it any time the oven was in use. It stays up until the stove is cool to the touch. Even with that precaution there is still a considerable amount of heat passing by the lid any time the oven is used and certainly when the rear burners are lit. I suppose the best solution is to get the third replacement and then remove it for storage after mounting. :x

SuiteWheels
05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Yes our second one cracked also and I've always lifted it up when I turn on the oven after the first one cracked. Haven't as yet called Doubletree...it's a year old this month....hope it will still be under warrenty, don't we have two year warrenty? Will check it out and place call to Kent or someone.