PDA

View Full Version : ordering SB3

berghild
05-06-2007, 10:03 AM
boy do i have a lot of questions! Personally I like all vinyl awnings. Heat pumps,are they noisy?..we use lil BIG Heat in present rug. Prev. post said something about no mirror over vanity in bath? I want a mobile suite for sure...husband insists on side bath.
There are two central vacs out there, are MS still insisting on DIRT DEVIL...not enough power!
Window silks..what is that? Those little side panels can't be it....for 1500 dollars. we are ordering without recliners or couch....anyone else done this? We want a double lazyboy loveseat and matching hide a bed. Also how are those King mattresses? And do we have to do it at factory or in our yard
We have spent a lot of time in TK3 and very little in SB3....anyone in Las Vegas or nearby with one that would like to show us theirs this wekend??? No SB3 close . Re the folding chairs comfortable enough for hours at the lap top?
I need lots of pictures. and advice. We are getting a good deal but have to finish up pretty quick to avoid 2008 price increase.

Mikey
05-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Cindy
Don't be shy! Ask as many questions as needed, I certainly did.

Re the sofa and recliners. We didn't like the "stuffed" recliners, so we had them deleted and replaced with the "Euro Chairs."

We also thought about our own sofa, BUT, how do you fit it through the door? We ordered a leather sofa from Doubletree to match the Euro chairs.

Not sure about how comfortable the folding chairs are, we're bringing our leather office computer chair - it is VERY comfortable.

It's my understanding that you can get almost anything you want is your "suite," if you are willing to pay the price. We found that both Dan and Kyle were very accomodating, and their prices were in the "right" ballpark.

Good Luck!!!!! Have Fun!

DebDav
05-06-2007, 08:22 PM
We ordered our SB3.

The vanity over the toilet sucks. We ordered a second vanity and had it shipped loose in the trailer. After delivery I removed the window dressing and mounted the second vanity. We now have two. Better.

We have two heat pumps. They sound the same in cool or heat mode.

I should have changed both the couch and chairs. We will tolerate them for a while and upgrade. I hope a new couch will fit through the door.

The biggest problem is the lack of closet space. The bedroom main closet is a joke. I have been told that others have removed the paneling and insulation and moved the closet wall closer to the front cap. This modification is needed and I have been told that the factory is considering it.

Motor31
05-07-2007, 09:28 AM
We have an older unit we ordered in 05. We got one heat pump and should have gotten 2. They produce the same sound as the AC units since that is what they are. Not as loud as the furnace blower but both were easy for me to get used to.

We deleted the sleeper couch and got 2 recliners instead. That was a good move for us and saved a few $ to boot. We do like the dual recliners with the adjoining pedestal storage table but don't know if it's still offered.

I use a folding chair at the computer desk. It was the optional one the factory had for the dinette set. We got 2 standard chairs and 2 folding for space saving. That was a good move. The folding chair works fine for me with just a small additional pad at the back.

We passed on the central vac unit. At that time there didn't seem to be an agitator brush at the business end and Momma wanted that for the carpet. There are small stand up vacs available so we use one of those.

The factory supplied king mattress didn't work out at all for us. We simply took the measurements from it and went to a mattress store and got a replacement. A standard king size bed mattress was easy to fit in there, we just had to make sure it was only 8" tall instead of the more common 16" tall units.

We also passed on the hydraulic bed lift to save weight and avoid more hydraulic equipment under the bed.

rotaxman
05-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Mike

The Dirt Devil in our 06 came with a box full of attachments one of which was an agitator brush and it does a very nice job on the carpet. We wish they would have offered a darker color carpet they colors they offer are just plane dumb no way to keep them clean.

We keep throw rugs over the carpet but they are a real pain they are constantly on the move and you are always having to reposition them.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

rotaxman
05-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Mike

The Dirt Devil in our 06 came with a box full of attachments one of which was an agitator brush and it does a very nice job on the carpet. We wish they would have offered a darker color carpet the colors they offer are just plane dumb no way to keep them clean.

We keep throw rugs over the carpet but they are a real pain they are constantly on the move and you are always having to reposition them.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry