PDA

View Full Version : Must have been dreamin questions

shergry
04-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Why is it that when you have the hot H2O heater on gas it builds pressure on the cold line? When you open the line (Emeril's) BAMM! DH has yet to be able to answer this ? :?: And about that great coffee maker...why does it keep losing its time mode (don't even want to get started on the leaking), it never gets unplugged :?: What would give the bedroom a fuzzy pic when both are on cable (LR pic great) :?: Just some :?: 's and PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE LOVE OUR MS!!!!!! Just had some :?: 's Thank you.

BobW
04-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Heated water does expand. There is no reason it won't expand into the cold water side of the system. You could add a one way valve to the cold water entering the hot water tank. Could work.
Forget the coffee maker. Call B&D and they'll send you a new and improved model, free. Save the old one, they want it back.
The fuzzy picture can be checked by adding another temporary cable from the selection box to the bed TV. I had just that same problem and found out the connector was not crimped tight enough.

Why is it that when you have the hot H2O heater on gas it builds pressure on the cold line? When you open the line (Emeril's) BAMM! DH has yet to be able to answer this ? :?: And about that great coffee maker...why does it keep losing its time mode (don't even want to get started on the leaking), it never gets unplugged :?: What would give the bedroom a fuzzy pic when both are on cable (LR pic great) :?: Just some :?: 's and PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE LOVE OUR MS!!!!!! Just had some :?: 's Thank you.

shergry
04-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Weel now there you go....as far as B&D gotta make time :D , gitter dun. Is it hardt o take the tv out in bedroom?

BobW
04-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Weel now there you go....as far as B&D gotta make time :D , gitter dun. Is it hardt o take the tv out in bedroom?

it rel ezy, All yu dois tak fnt clip off yr Rv and yu see bak of TV that way. :idea:

rverdlm
04-20-2007, 07:33 AM
The hot water heater should not increase the pressure in the cold line. There is a check valve on the cold side of the water heater and I think that yours is leaking through. The TV no doubt has a bad cable. The TV will come out, but I don't know your setup. On mine there are 2 screws into the bottom that are accessed by removing the drawers under the TV. There are many cables and you'll need to check them all.

shergry
04-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I take it that the leak you speak of is thru the line, will have to take a look, thanks. No drawers under tv but I think should be able to access the tv in order to fix. Thank you.
Hey BobW, uuze mackin fun ofs my tippin? :lol: I heerz ya, a lot times my mind is way ahead of the fingers....tried to pay attention in business class just didn't seem to be able to stay awake (kinda funny because back then we were typing on electric typewriters-learned first on the manual; 1950's manual typewriter) :D

rverdlm
04-21-2007, 08:02 AM
That is correct. The check valve is on the back of the water heater and the cold water line goes into it. There also is a pressure relief valve on the outside at the top of the water heater.

crunch1
04-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Can anyone give me the model number of the bd coffee pot that is causing the problems. The factory gave me a new one last fall and it is still in the box. Would be nice to know before I mount it in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
Thanks