PDA

View Full Version : AC duct

DebDav
04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
My front AC is out. Either the start capacitor, electronic board or compressor. A tech is coming tomorrow.

I have the BR AC on high but the LR is very warm. It seems that the AC ducting is not common throughout. This means that both AC's must be operating to cool the trailer.

Is this the way the 5th is constructed? This is not a question I asked during the factory tour as I ASSUMEd :roll: that they were common.

The reason I am asking is that I had to physically break a tab to open the microwave oven fan to allow fumes to vent to the outside.

rotaxman
04-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Deb and Dave

I can't say about your 07 SB but they are common on my 06 36TK3 good luck with getting your air back up and running. I know that I have to have it pretty cool to make me happy.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

jdwilson3
04-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Try closing the ceiling vents in the Bedroom to move more air towards the rear of the coach. Just leave them open a little bit.

If that doesn't work, place a fan on the top step to push air towards the rear.

I think most refer to the Front AC as the one over the Bedroom and the rear is over the living room area.

Our Front AC had a compressor sieze up about 6 weeks after we picked ours up. On a new unit, the technician will probably get Dometic to replace the unit. Ours did.

DebDav
04-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Svc tech did not get parts. Hope will come this afternoon.

Arrived home yesterday to cool BR and HOT LR. Turned LR fan on and placed portable fan on floor at top of stairs. Took until 9:00 before LR was comfortable. Left both fans on all day today.

AC problems are the pits when it is hot. We are in a park with included (free?) electricity. Run both AC's all the time. When one is out she gets CRANKY!

shergry
04-11-2007, 01:43 PM
I have been sitting here trying to figure out the problem. I hear u on the HEAT!! We are in Houston area and HUMIDITY is OMG! The A/C has a long delay I think, also for the first time it has a program to protect itself and thaw the freezing up factor. When very humid which is like now, it will be on for a while and then only fan runs, turns off and u hear the H2O run off roof. We also keep the shades down to keep the sun out as much as possible.
I also checked the BR when LR was on and felt a slight air in the vent, so they are connected. Can't really explain, just that the bath is the last vent in upper area connected to LR that u shud feel power of air on.
I hope u get A/C soon, feel 4 u :)
Prob with vent on oven, just found that it wud take a giant to open outside. DH is 6'4" and still had to get on ladder to open or close :lol:

DebDav
04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
shergry--

We are also near Houston!!!!

League City towards Galveston.

Tech came last night. Bad starting capacitor. Immediate relief. Warranty repair.

shergry
04-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey how you??? I bet you feel a lot better :lol: Heard on the weather channel we and you especially are going to get some gusty winds. :) I feel such a kinship with other SB's. I told DH we are living in a cutting edge rig. I saw on rv.net that there is a carriage (?) that has tried to use the same curves in their coach, went and looked :( . It actually felt or at least looked smaller with all the curves. I love this coach, don't bump into each other at all :shock: Well I was wondering were all the DT's were, everyone is so busy having a good trip, but never get to hear where they are in the country. Our color is the sandy (?), I think I saw that you got the red in color (?).
Happy Living :)

shergry
04-12-2007, 10:30 AM
OK, stupid me.....we are in Highlands, TX on the east side of Houston. It is ok, just wish with 2 rigs 2 vehicles could get rent a little cheaper. But hey, it is quiet :D

DebDav
04-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Do not know how married you are to Highlands. We are in Space Center RV Park, League City. We have a 70' pull thru. $435.00/mo INCLUDING electricity!

Nice residents, mostly plant workers and retired. Some transients. Quiet! (if you are not near the freeway!).

shergry
04-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Well, Higlands is a quiet town, small. We are in San Jacinto Riverfront RV Park, so not as close to I10 as Houston Leisure (been there done that :( ). We pay 295 + 10 (xtr trk)+ elect. 14.5/kw = (highest pd) 392 - last month. So really can't complain...just would like this in RGV or Yuma 250 + elect 16.0/kw. Actually was in a park in Mission, TX that was our lowest ever 150 + 9.0/kw in 2005 :D . Those were the days!