PDA

View Full Version : Sink cover/cutting board

shergry
04-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Where do you put these HEAVY sink covers/cutting board? They are soooo heavy that I can barely manuver them off the sink. I have resorted to putting them in the bread cabinet laying flat, but when you want to go down the road; once again the manuvering comes into factor. I was just wondering your thots, also tried them under the sink and that was almost a disaster,,,,they are not cut to the same width as the cabinet under the sink....got them out, yeah :D

jdwilson3
04-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Put them in the basement, then, if after 6 months you have not used them, throw them out! We use 2 smaller cutting boards, which fit under the kitchen sink.

JudyGail
04-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I store mine in the cabinet at the end of the island where the trash can goes. I stand them upright behind the trash can. They ride perfectly there and are out of the way until I want them, which I occasionally do. I often put them over the sinks when I'm going out grocery shopping, more room to set the groceries on.

keithandpenne
04-06-2007, 08:24 AM
We stand ours on the left of the stove-top along with the convection oven rack. The sink cover helps protect the wood from any stray cooking splatters.

For traveling, we place them on the sinks.

AlwaysHomeNow
04-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Mine fit standing on their side in the cabinet under the sink. They snug in pretty good, so have even ridden there during a move. I don't have any trouble getting them in and out.

nelsonraymond
04-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi
We never used them on the 2004 and we never used them on the 2005 so it was just extra un-needed weight and we threw ours out! We try to use everything we have and if we don't use it we loose it with a few exceptions. That's our motto! Happy Trails!
Janice