PDA

View Full Version : Air pressure monitoring

ponch
02-11-2007, 09:51 AM
I now this has been addressed but I can't remember where. Sorry

Has any one done any comparisons between the tire air pressure monitors that are out there. Doran etc.?

Ponch

billr
02-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Ponch,

Sorry no expieriance with any other brands, but I have the Pressure Pro I bought from a fellow RV'er: Pat McFall <pressureprosystem@yahoo.com
http://www.pressureprosystem.com/

He does offer a discount.

I highly recommend this system. Same as Doran.

Cheers,
Bill

ponch
02-11-2007, 01:38 PM
I have been told that from a couple of rv'ers and am leaning that way. Too bad I haven't run into Mr. McFall yet. lol

Ponch

billr
02-11-2007, 02:44 PM
I think he is in AZ somewhere right now, send him an e-mail he will answer quickly. He shipped it to me fast.

If you do go with the Pressure Pro, get the external antenna. It is needed with the long fiver. I routed mine to under the rear bumper of the truck.

Total install about an hour, and I hardwired mine for power instead of plugging it in and ran the antenna. Set up is easy.

Cheers,
Bill

rverdlm
02-12-2007, 07:24 AM
I agree that the pressure pro is a great product. I don't have an external antenea and I have no problem going all the way back to the car. My truck is longer than most. If you want to reach the McFalls go to the SKP forum and see his profile. His handle is Tetoner. He will ship to you or tell you where you can meet. I've known him for several years because we both have HDTs and he's a great guy to deal with.

billr
02-12-2007, 12:49 PM
That's interesting Dave, with the HDT you do ok without the antenna. I tried mine without, and it kept losing the signal. That is with a pickup.

Maybe the height and no truck bed behind on the HDT makes that bit of differnce.

Pat had said that I may need it, works for some and not others.

Cheers,
Bill

rverdlm
02-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Bill, I think you hit the nail on the head. Some need an antenea and others don't. Perhaps the fact that my truck bed is wood makes a difference.

traveler
02-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Doran sells a repeater that is about the same size as the readout device for around $90. I have one mounted in the entry closet, where there is a 12v plug that is powered when traveling. It reads the RV tire sensors, boosts the signal and sends the signal to the cab of the truck. Works fine. I occasionally lost signal before I had it but never afterwards. No antenna is required.

luv2cruise
02-13-2007, 05:59 PM
The McFalls are currently at the Gypsy Journal Rally here in Casa Grande, AZ. - gave a great seminar!

They are leaving tomorrow noon for another rally, not sure where, but somewhere here in AZ.

igotjam
03-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Spent 5 hours trying to set up the Doran on my pickup. Programs OK but loses the signal on half of them. Re set them I don't know how many times. Shows presure when setting but does not register later. After about an hour the ones that do seem OK Alarm. Removing the sensor and checking air presure with a guage shows the are OK. Called Doran and they tried to help but I can't get it to work. Anyone want to buy a 10 sensor system?

ponch
03-30-2007, 03:59 PM

bstark
03-30-2007, 07:19 PM
I'll add some accolades for the Pressure-Pro system, I love the piece of mind that little gem gives me while cruising the hot highways of the southwest.

I have the additional antenna mounted horizontally on a frame crossmember beneath my hitch and have never had any signal problems with the ability to read my trailer tires with the truck parked at some distance away.

It sure beats getting down & crawling under a slideout to read pressures the day before a long trip, just push a button in the cab and voila, instant accurate readouts of all wheels.

igotjam
03-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the PMs. The system is now sold. Hope he has better luck than I did.
The main problem is that in order to install one must jack up each corner of the truck, undo 10 lugs and remove the wheels to get at the valve stems. Doing it with hand tools in the driveway is tough. When a sensor de programs or alarms (as mine did frequently) you have to repeat the procedure. Just too much work involved for a system that kept alarming for no reason.
As everyone else seems to like it, I guess mine was just a lemon.