PDA

View Full Version : Best Mapping App

jbasshawk1
05-06-2022, 06:29 PM
Hello all!

We're just about to purchase our first RV, a fifth-wheel, and almost immediately will be embarking on a road trip. Is there a mapping app that this group prefers or recommends? I'm looking for one that allow you to insert the dimensions of your rig to avoid low bridges and tricky turns. Thanks in advance!

wjg315
05-07-2022, 07:20 AM
I use RV Life Trip Wizard and it works really good for us. It lets you input your rig dimensions.

jbasshawk1
05-07-2022, 12:20 PM
That's one of the ones I came across and will be testing out. Thanks!

Edd505
05-09-2022, 08:11 PM
MS Streets and trips if you can find it.

dmichaelf
05-16-2022, 03:26 PM
I use RV Trip Wizard.

SkeetandJudy
05-16-2022, 04:46 PM
Hello all!

We're just about to purchase our first RV, a fifth-wheel, and almost immediately will be embarking on a road trip. Is there a mapping app that this group prefers or recommends? I'm looking for one that allow you to insert the dimensions of your rig to avoid low bridges and tricky turns. Thanks in advance!
Highly recommend the RV Life Trip Wizard, putting in all your vehicle(s) dimensions, fuel tank size, etc. When traveling you can download that RV route trip information to your phone. I still much prefer WAZE for driving but I also compare the two routes, double checking that WAZE keeps us clear of any low clearances. Also, nice to have an idea of where you might need to make a fuel stop, points of interest along the way if you make the time.

Edd505
05-16-2022, 05:36 PM
Tucker Path works also, if the big rigs can go so can you.

OneReallyOldGuy
05-16-2022, 05:50 PM
Highly recommend the RV Life Trip Wizard, putting in all your vehicle(s) dimensions, fuel tank size, etc. When traveling you can download that RV route trip information to your phone. I still much prefer WAZE for driving but I also compare the two routes, double checking that WAZE keeps us clear of any low clearances. Also, nice to have an idea of where you might need to make a fuel stop, points of interest along the way if you make the time.

I recently got RV Trip wizard. It’s great. I haven’t figured out how to get my route into my phone for navigation. Can one of you walk me through it?
Phil

cmikal
05-16-2022, 08:19 PM
I recently got RV Trip wizard. It’s great. I haven’t figured out how to get my route into my phone for navigation. Can one of you walk me through it?
Phil
If you are using the desktop/computer version of the site, open the left hand "trip" window that shows all of your stops. The title of your trip will be in a red bar above all of the stops (eg "2022 vacation through the southwest"). Next to the title is a wrench icon. Click it. There are multiple ways to export or share your trip in this menu.

You could also download the Trip Wizard phone app and open the trip directly in your phone.

OneReallyOldGuy
05-18-2022, 04:05 PM
If you are using the desktop/computer version of the site, open the left hand "trip" window that shows all of your stops. The title of your trip will be in a red bar above all of the stops (eg "2022 vacation through the southwest"). Next to the title is a wrench icon. Click it. There are multiple ways to export or share your trip in this menu.

You could also download the Trip Wizard phone app and open the trip directly in your phone.

I have the trip wizard on my phone but I could not get it to go to the GPS feature. I finally deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've got my trip loaded onto my phone so I'll find out if it works Saturday when we head to Michigan.
Thanks for the help.
phil

tonyy
06-20-2022, 12:19 AM
Agree with the others about RV Life Trip Wizard. The best app ever.