PDA

View Full Version : Shower grab handle/shower head mount

ores806
03-08-2022, 09:59 AM
On our DRV JX450 the shower grab handle and shower mount, the vertical pole that the shower head attaches to, is dripping rusty water from the bottom connection to the shower wall. How do you get that bar off to see what is causing the problem. At the least, I want to remove it to dry it out, then maybe caulk it to avoid water getting inside.

ores806
03-08-2022, 01:39 PM
Never mind. Figured it out. DRV uses plastic mounts, but screwed them onto the shower wall with steel screws. The screws were rusting. Replaced them with stainless steel screws. Like I keep telling my wife, no matter how much you spend on a camper, it is put together by a minimum wage dude in Indiana.

Cummins12V98
03-09-2022, 10:13 AM
NO they are NOT minimum wage dudes! They make good money. it's the idiots that give them screws that will rust instead of giving them the proper fastener for the job.

Glad you figured it out.

Notanlines
03-12-2022, 06:06 AM
NO they are NOT minimum wage dudes! They make good money. it's the idiots that give them screws that will rust instead of giving them the proper fastener for the job.

Glad you figured it out.

Cummins beat me to it. I've talked to plenty of workers in this trade. They simply do what they're told with what they're given.
Might I ask you who told you they made minimum wage?

Cummins12V98
03-12-2022, 09:04 AM
I even offered Fred one of their warranty Tech's a job in NW WA in 2016 as a Carpenter building Dental Clinics for my Son's Construction Business. At that time he would have made at least $30 per hour plus retirement and full medical. He said no as he made good money with them. He was tempted!

Edd505
03-14-2022, 09:12 PM
I even offered Fred one of their warranty Tech's a job in NW WA in 2016 as a Carpenter building Dental Clinics for my Son's Construction Business. At that time he would have made at least $30 per hour plus retirement and full medical. He said no as he made good money with them. He was tempted!
Bennys are where it's at and now days they just don't look ahead, retirement & medical about unheard of.

Cummins12V98
03-15-2022, 10:46 AM
Bennys are where it's at and now days they just don't look ahead, retirement & medical about unheard of.

YEP I was able to retire at 55 because of all the above!!!