PDA

View Full Version : Inverter gen sets

Rodc
01-31-2022, 01:44 PM
Was looking at a duel fuel inverter from Costco.
Looking for your thoughts of this product. A-power brand name. Seems to be a good price at $499

jclifton
01-31-2022, 05:27 PM
Search Google for reviews on the device. DO keep in mind that Costco has the best product support of anyone. They stand behind what they sell.

Rodc
01-31-2022, 05:29 PM
Many thanks

friz
02-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Was looking at a duel fuel inverter from Costco.
Looking for your thoughts of this product. A-power brand name. Seems to be a good price at $499

Why didn't you post the name? "A-power brand name"? How many watts are you looking at? The go to brand is Honda. I bought one from Harbor Freight. Predator I believe around 3500W. Harbor Freight is not known for quality but cheap prices. I have owned this one since 2019. Maybe 100 hours on it. Runs fine but if I was a full timer I would look at a more reputable brand.

Notanlines
02-08-2022, 07:41 AM
Friz, "Why didn't you post the name? "A-power brand name"?"
That is the brand name. He did misspell the name, but its there: A-iPower.

Rodc
02-08-2022, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the correction of my spelling. It is A I power brand, just wanted to know if it was a well known brand amongst the camping community.

DutchmenSport
02-08-2022, 12:22 PM
... just wanted to know if it was a well known brand amongst the camping community.

I have never heard of this company before, but I also do not have a Costco membership either.

Looking at their web site and the photos, it looks like their generators do not come with an RV socket. It comes with a 30 amp twist lock socket and you'll need to get an adapter to plug in your 30 amp RV.

It's got a manual choke, Price is reasonable. I think it all depends upon what your expectations are and what your intended purpose for using it is.

I have 2 Cummings Onan P4500i inverter generator. Not cheap at all, but darn good machines. I run both in parallel for full 50 amp service.

Rodc
02-08-2022, 01:14 PM
Thanks all for your comments looks like I will have to do more research for my needs.
As I am in no great rush I will look at some of the threads on all your experiences with gen sets again many thanks.

friz
02-09-2022, 08:39 AM
Friz, "Why didn't you post the name? "A-power brand name"?"
That is the brand name. He did misspell the name, but its there: A-iPower.

Thank you. Everyday I am amazed at what I do not know. Have never heard of them. A-iPower looks to be priced significantly under a Predator. Any comment on quality?

Ealgebound
02-09-2022, 10:18 AM
I did a lot of research on inverter generators since I am so anal and frugal. For "my specific needs" I went with a WEN 2350 Watt generator. I have been extremely happy with it but I don't use it full time but it has some nice features. If I needed to use one often the go to would be a Honda but I figured I could buy almost 3 of the WENs over time for the price of one Honda.

Notanlines
02-09-2022, 05:19 PM
Staying with the Wen brand, I might want to recommend this: https://wenproducts.com/collections/inverter-generators/products/wen-56380i-super-quiet-3800-watt-portable-inverter-generator-with-fuel-shut-off
The 30 amp RV receptacle is on the front.

Rodc
02-09-2022, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the link, looks interesting

CHAPS2018
02-10-2022, 05:52 AM
I would look up their customer service number and give them a call. See how many times you have to call before a person picks up.

Is there a parts diagram available to identify parts u may need in a few years?

These are two key things I look for on generators. It has saved me a few times from making a bad purchase.

Champion has my vote for best product for near term and long term value.