PDA

View Full Version : Gen Y pinbox!!

ARCliz
01-30-2022, 09:48 AM
Need input from those who have changed to Gen Y pinbox !! model # used , bolt up problems , room on pinbox to drill holes for 3/4 " bolts , measurements from rear bolts to kingpin and from bottom of nose shell to bottom of kingpin ?? any and all input would be appreciated ---- How about ride quality after install ??

ARCliz
02-02-2022, 02:33 PM
REALLY !!!! no one has a Gen-Y pinbox Answers anyone ?????

Dapperdan
02-03-2022, 03:23 PM
I know of one person that switched to the Gen-Y pinbox. I never asked how much trouble it was to install BUT he loves it! Up until that point last summer at the rally in Sevierville I hadn’t even heard of Gen-Y! :p … Sorry I live under a rock. :rolleyes:

Dan B

ARCliz
02-03-2022, 03:30 PM
thanks !!! need more info, looking for a better ride for me and the Trailer !!!!

El_Supremo
02-03-2022, 04:58 PM
I just bought a DRV Full House and was considering a Gen-Y hitch, but my new rig has a MorRyde cushioned king pin so I plan to stick with the Ford puck hitch. What king pin do you currently have? Hoping the MorRyde is ok, I do really like the Gen-Y though!

Notanlines
02-03-2022, 05:51 PM
5 years into the MorRyde and no problems. Any reason one would want to change to something different?

Cummins12V98
02-04-2022, 12:36 PM
He has the for and aft cushioning MORryde pinbox. He has the PullRite slider in his 13 DRW MEGA RAM with air bags.

Only thing the Gen Y will add is some up and down cushioning. If the ride is fine now I would not change as you already had your RV frame upgraded.

Campingnut
02-05-2022, 09:05 AM
I believe you also get a better turning radius if you have some of the rolling bed covers out there

Cummins12V98
02-05-2022, 10:52 AM
I believe you also get a better turning radius if you have some of the rolling bed covers out there

Not sure how that is possible. Pivot point stays the same so how does the "turning radius" change?

porthole
02-06-2022, 12:11 PM
Not sure how that is possible. Pivot point stays the same so how does the "turning radius" change?

The gen y is about 3 inches shorter from the pin to the bolt holes.

Cummins12V98
02-06-2022, 12:32 PM
The gen y is about 3 inches shorter from the pin to the bolts holes.

Sounds like splitting hairs. Can't see 3" less distance from pin to wheels would be noticed.

That is not an improvement as I like being able to have my tailgate dropped while hitching and being able to pass between.

porthole
02-06-2022, 01:15 PM
Pin to wheels is not the issue. It's the pin to the back of the trailers pin box frame distance, the part that hits the side rails on many tonneau covers.

I like being able to drop the tailgate as well. On my new truck the top of the tailgate that now sticks out prevents the generator door from opening.

travlingman
02-06-2022, 01:16 PM
Sounds like splitting hairs. Can't see 3" less distance from pin to wheels would be noticed.

That is not an improvement as I like being able to have my tailgate dropped while hitching and being able to pass between.

One difference would be the issue with the back of the pin box hitting truck bed side rails in sharp turns like the Morryde does.

Cummins12V98
02-06-2022, 04:33 PM
One difference would be the issue with the back of the pin box hitting truck bed side rails in sharp turns like the Morryde does.

Thanks!!! Now I understand.

FuShiLuMeitan
02-07-2022, 05:43 PM
I have the GenY Executive gooseneck.

Lippert has a installation kit you can order.

If that helps anyone in the future.

Eight other RV’s in my area have switched to the GenY Executive after me. ;)

Bobber
09-07-2022, 12:33 PM
I just bought my 2011 36RSSB3 and it has the GenY gooseneck box. It was partly the reason why I bought this trailer. I love the idea of not having a 5th wheel hitch in the back of my truck. As for the ride it is good but I haven’t had a 5th wheel RV to accurately compare.