PDA

View Full Version : On the Go water softener

OneReallyOldGuy
12-10-2021, 12:21 PM
The latest post about this product I can find is from 2011. I have two questions.
1; How much does it decrease the flow rate? That is a huge problem for me at a lot of parks.
2; Is it necessary to continue to use the whole house water filter behind this unit?
As always, thanks for your input.
Phil

porkchop
12-10-2021, 06:33 PM
It does reduce the flow, but not much in my opinion. I run the filter ahead of the softner and would not be without either.

Bill

OneReallyOldGuy
12-11-2021, 11:07 AM
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

OneReallyOldGuy
12-13-2021, 12:13 PM
Quick follow up. Does the softened water make your shower slippery?
Thanks,
Phil

porkchop
12-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Not at all

Bill

friz
12-14-2021, 08:46 PM
Quick follow up. Does the softened water make your shower slippery?
Thanks,
Phil

No, just softer.

Whitewolf
12-21-2021, 10:15 AM
I also run the water first thru the filters, then thru the softener then to the rest of the coach. I hard plumbed the units in the basement but am still able to access the softener to regenerate and the filters to swap out.

OneReallyOldGuy
05-01-2022, 07:36 AM
Just a quick follow up. I’ve been using the water softener for about 4 months now and it works well. In Florida the water was so hard I had to regen the unit every week. (We have a washer and a dishwasher so we use a lot of water) Since leaving that rv park I’ve only had to do it about once a month.
The last campground we were in had very poor water pressure. The unit did not impede the flow at all.
My only concern is the last time I did the regen when I turned the water up to full flow from a trickle a large amount of rust colored water gushed out. I sure hope it was rust and not the filter media.
Phil