PDA

View Full Version : Winterize Washer

Sundancekid
11-08-2021, 07:15 PM
Okay so we have a 2021 DRV 39DBRS 3 and we have a washer.
No problem winterizing the water lines, dish washer, ice maker, and hot water heater.
But here is the million dollar question: With out pulling the washer to reach the drain hose how can a person get the water out of that hose.
I have looked at the manufacturers recommendations they do not address it, we have looked on line, u tube etc. no help.
Does any one have advice on how to do this?? Or where could i research this??
Sundance Kid

OCB
11-08-2021, 08:38 PM
My instruction book says pour a quart of RV anti-freeze in the washer and run the drain cycle BUT only the washer pump and drain hose and hopefully the P-trap is winterized..

I like to winterize the whole system. I first run the washer on warm water wash until I have run 1-2 quarts of anti-freeze, I stop the fill cycle and go to drain cycle. After the Drain cycle ends, I then run the fill and drain cycle again using a quart of RV antii-freeze.
When to going back to be normal operations, there is no hoses to connect. My wife can flush as soon as I turn the water on.
Clay

Sundancekid
11-08-2021, 09:07 PM
I'm trying not to put any antifreeze into the washer.
Propylene Glycol has a film to it and i would prefer not to put it into our washer.
I am sure it works great i am just trying to find another way that's the anal part of me. there is always more ways to look at a fix i want to consider them all.
Thanks for the quick response
Regards
Sundance Kid

porthole
11-10-2021, 10:07 AM
I have been using the antifreeze in our combo since 2009 and the seperates since 2018. I run a "quick wash" which is the shortest cycle. In the spring i start with a just a water wash cycle then I'll do a full cycle with detergent with the water temp set about 1 bar above hot/cold.

I've never noticed any film from the food grade/safe antifreeze.

I'm just finishing up winterizing our 39DBRS3.
I blow all the lines out first.
Washer, dishwasher, 2 baths, fridge, takes a bit more antifreeze but we haven't had any problems yet. And I recycle the antifreeze that I can.

Recycled antifreeze first is used on the boat and then what is left over from that and the trailer goes in the sprinklers.

Okay so we have a 2021 DRV 39DBRS 3

Does your 39 have the half bath toilet?
If so, something to think about. The piping for the half bath is not a downhill run to the tank. It takes a bit more antifreeze to make sure you have enough in the pipe to fill the 'U trap'

Sundancekid
11-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Thanks for that how do you put the antifreeze into the washer?
Do you just pour it into the machine?

porthole
11-10-2021, 07:31 PM
Thanks for that how do you put the antifreeze into the washer?
Do you just pour it into the machine?

I use the kantleak manifold selection “winterize/sanitize”

Hose on the intake to a 15 gallon drum filled with antifreeze.

Sundancekid
11-10-2021, 07:36 PM
Okay so in the winterize setting this will pump the antifreeze from your container using the pump on the coach system??

porthole
11-12-2021, 12:07 PM
Okay so in the winterize setting this will pump the antifreeze from your container using the pump on the coach system??

Yes, a feature to allow drawing antifreeze for winterizing or your choice of sanitizing mix from a bucket or similar container.

Larry drv 7*3
01-03-2022, 07:14 PM
Rv antifreez is concentrated food coloring,