PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing 2016 ms

5050racing
11-07-2021, 05:33 AM
My 2004 doesn’t have dishwasher ice maker so asking for some first hand tips.I’ve looked at some YouTube stuff but not totally informed just asking for some experience from here!! Thanks and it’s been 3 weeks since I was at the ms and will report the mouse free results today tomorrow! Thanks for the help

Notanlines
11-07-2021, 10:40 AM
Your best bet is to watch about three different vid's on youtube and combine the knowledge of all three.
I usually start by hooking up the compressor to the exterior service for water supply, set the pressure at 30-40 psi and blow the water out of all lines, open all low point drains, drain the water heater, turn the by-pass valve on the rear of the water heater, remove the rod on the bottom of the water heater, and then pump pink stuff through all lines until it flows bright pink using the RV water pump. I leave a little in all the drains, always remember to include the commode, black/grey tank flushes and exterior rinse hoses. We never put anti-freeze in the fresh water tank nor in the black or grey tanks. We just insure that they are all empty and remain open.
Others will chime in on this with varying methods used with success. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as too much anti-freeze in your lines, only too little anti-freeze.
Take your time, do it yourself, no outside help from eager helpers. This is a very important step in RV maintenance.

5050racing
11-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Well thanks for the reply all things are good so far left ms 10/23 n returned today some ice in driveway but 37 inside staying couple days.My questions so far my hot water heater has dial in front for winterizing is there one in back my truck camper has them there other is is there a intake hose for picking up the RV antifreeze a tube to suck it into? I’m not this dumb just got here but like to hear war stories that’s how you learn more!! BY THE WAY 2 plus weeks again AND NO I SAID NO MICE TRAPS BAITED WITH PEANUT BUTTER ALL SET SO FAR ONE PLUS MONTH IN UP STATE NY THATS UNHEARD OF MY BUDDIES CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

Cummins12V98
11-07-2021, 03:44 PM
Blow Baby Blow and forget the PinkStuff except for the "P" Traps.

Notanlines
11-07-2021, 05:13 PM
Well thanks for the reply all things are good so far left ms 10/23 n returned today some ice in driveway but 37 inside staying couple days.My questions so far my hot water heater has dial in front for winterizing is there one in back my truck camper has them there other is is there a intake hose for picking up the RV antifreeze a tube to suck it into? I’m not this dumb just got here but like to hear war stories that’s how you learn more!! BY THE WAY 2 plus weeks again AND NO I SAID NO MICE TRAPS BAITED WITH PEANUT BUTTER ALL SET SO FAR ONE PLUS MONTH IN UP STATE NY THATS UNHEARD OF MY BUDDIES CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

Yes, yours will have the bypass in the front exterior service bay rather than at the rear of the tank.

5050racing
11-08-2021, 09:30 AM
So where is the pick up tube for RV antifreeze after I blow it out

Cummins12V98
11-08-2021, 09:44 AM
So where is the pick up tube for RV antifreeze after I blow it out

Serious question, if you are blowing it out why add that "STUFF" to your water lines?

Notanlines
11-08-2021, 11:53 AM
Serious question, if you are blowing it out why add that "STUFF" to your water lines?

Generally it is an age-old argument with both sides insisting they're correct. I simply believe that a relative newbie should be able to rest comfortably over the winter knowing that their investment is secure. Pink 'stuff' is simply that security. Most people wouldn't sweat the $10.00 for three gallons of insurance.

Cummins12V98
11-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Not about the cost for me at all it's about putting something other than water in my lines.

But it's all about personal preferences!

5050racing
11-09-2021, 05:06 PM
So when it comes to dishwasher have to run pink stuff so I made a hook up to ms pump disconnect to feed from multi valve city fixtures or tank to a tube to feed pink RV into pump will blow out water first then run pink stuff n I will take pictures maybe video since I can’t find one specific video for my ms let ya know how it goes first time winterizing this one!