PDA

View Full Version : dead bolt

oldbird
08-20-2021, 08:22 AM
Things come in three's, I wonder what #3 is going to be after my slide out failed me? Anyway, came back to the camper and the deadbolt which I always have used just turned 360° around in both directions without unlocking! Locked out of my camper after fixing the slide I was a little frustrated. I got out punches, screw drivers, hammer, and a drill. I proceeded to wake up the whole campground drilling and banging on the deadbolt. I managed to get a hole in there about 3/4 inch deep and it finally unlocked, how?, I'm not sure.

I want to buy the best door latch I can find but the reviews I read are conflicting. Does someone know the 'BEST' latch I can get? Thanks, Glenn

Notanlines
08-23-2021, 10:44 AM
Glenn, you got 13 years on that one. How about just go for the original?

oldbird
08-23-2021, 03:57 PM
I'm sure your right Jim, how do I find out the OEM part number and where do I get one. I guess I could call DRV but I have never had any luck with them. Maybe they think I should cough up the dough for a new one which I could but I have this one just the way I want it and like it.

Notanlines
08-23-2021, 04:18 PM
Our friends with a Montana had their deadbolt die while they were outside.....had to crawl in through the fire escape window. It didn't take long to run one down. I don't remember where I found it (maybe PPL Motorhomes in Houston).
See if any of these look like your 'target.'
https://www.google.com/search?q=amazon%2C+RV+door+lock+hardware&ei=VxAkYbrgKqyXwbkP-LORkAI&oq=amazon%2C+RV+door+lock+hardware&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAwyBQgAEM0CMgUIABDNAjoHCAAQRxC wA0oECEEYAFChsgFY58IBYMPcAWgBcAJ4AIABmAGIAYcHkgEDN i4zmAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwj65_jSiMjyAhWsSzABHfhZBCIQ4dUDCA4

oldbird
08-23-2021, 08:56 PM
Found a Lippert and I think I'll go with that. Thanks for the link Jim!