PDA

View Full Version : Trailer saver hitches

ak5thwheeler
08-01-2021, 03:58 PM
Hello to all,

I am searching for a used 3500 DRW truck and have my eye on one that comes with a Trailer saver 5th wheel hitch already installed, the 5th wheel I bought (McKenzie 36RLT) comes with a hitch(not sure of brand or model) and would like to hear about this Trailer saver hitch from owners.

Thank you,

Tony F.

Notanlines
08-02-2021, 05:45 AM
Tony, I would stick with the Trailer Saver already installed and sell the one with the RV. It is a first class hitch. The Trailer Saver is a relatively heavy hitch so prepare yourself for that.

rjallred
08-09-2021, 03:56 PM
It is sad.

I have a wonderful GMC 3500 I need to sell but I cannot find a new vehicle to replace it so that I can sell.

Signs of the times.

freestyle freddy
08-09-2021, 04:01 PM
11 years of fulltime (200K miles) travel with a Trailer Saver TS3 hitch towing a 34 ft, 18.5K 5th wheel. Great hitch, no problems. The air bags developed fine surface cracks after about 7 years, so I bought a backup air bag, but never needed it. The bags naturally lose air over a week or so, so check it often. Keep the hinge bar greased with the zerk fittings on the top of the bar. I dismantled the hinge bar every 3-4 years to clean out dried grease, then re-installed. It's a pretty easy maintenance job.

Walt
08-09-2021, 04:51 PM
It is sad.

I have a wonderful GMC 3500 I need to sell but I cannot find a new vehicle to replace it so that I can sell.

Signs of the times.

I have the same problem. New truck has been on order since February. No sign as to when it will be produced. Darn chip shortage. My old truck is already sold but the person is willing to wait until I get the new one.

Carny Bill
08-10-2021, 10:29 AM
Have had one since 2003. Great hitch. Is heavy if you need to remove it from the bed.
Tow a heavy 38 foot with excellent ride