PDA

View Full Version : Weber grill

clev
06-28-2021, 07:52 PM
This has been discussed before, but not needing one, I haven’t paid attention nor taken notes. Anyway, we are pulling out on a one month journey next week, and due to my health, it may be my last trip. The discussion listed a Weber grill that would connect directly to the DRV door side nipple, and work with low pressure. Would someone please identify that particular model of Weber that I can connect directly to the DRV nipple? Please, thank you, but I don’t need advice or recommendations on other grills; just the Weber.

clev
06-29-2021, 08:18 AM
So, no one remembers the Weber model that works directly with the DRV LP nipple? OK.

Cummins12V98
06-29-2021, 10:35 AM
Never heard of such a thing. Simply remove the BBQ regulator and add a fitting.

https://i.imgur.com/7fK6qIel.jpg

clev
06-29-2021, 10:54 AM
Good morning, cummins. You may have forgotten, but about 4 years ago, I bought the Coleman ??Traveler?? It would not work with the DRV nipple. I spent a small fortune on parts, stripping regulators, pipes and fittings; would not work. Coleman techs stated that the grill needed higher pressure than the DRV low pressure system could provide. So, we used it with bottles. But, someone mentioned a grill that used low pressure and could be connected to the DRV nipple. That is my question.

clev
06-29-2021, 10:57 AM
Quote: Never heard of such a thing. Simply remove the BBQ regulator and add a fitting.

Not true. This was discussed and the regulator was removed on the coleman, would not work.

Cummins12V98
06-29-2021, 11:01 AM
I was going by "Weber Grill"

"But, someone mentioned a grill that used low pressure and could be connected to the DRV nipple. That is my question."

Only suggestion is buy a Weber Baby or the larger one and do what I show above.

Good luck!

clev
06-29-2021, 12:25 PM
Thank you Cummins; I’ve been looking at the Weber Traveler. Maybe that one will work on low pressure.

Notanlines
06-29-2021, 02:12 PM
Clev, use your cred’s to sign on to www.keystoneforums.com. Way, way more members and there is actual life there. This forum is, uh, lacking membership big time.