PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Valve Issues

bjogan
06-05-2021, 09:36 AM
We have a 2020 Mobile Suites 36RKSB. Twice now, the fresh water tank has overfilled while the Anderson valve was supposedly in the "City Fixtures" position .

Water pump was not on. There should be no water going into the fresh water tank when in this position.

I did notice that both times, the valve was first in the "Dry Camping" position then rotated 90 degrees to the "City Fixtures" position. In both instances, the valve was very difficult to rotate (no-I did not use pliers).

Anyone ever had this happen to them? Any thoughts? What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bryon

porthole
06-05-2021, 10:11 AM
DRV has used 3 different versions of hte anderson panel that I know off.

Which one do you have - picture.

The newer versions have a check valve on the tank fill line.

The safest simplest fix is a 1/4 turn valve in the the fill line.

bjogan
06-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Porthole,

I believe it is the MANRV102

Picture attached.

porthole
06-05-2021, 08:02 PM
There have been 2 new versions since that one.

Roam America
06-07-2021, 08:58 PM
I had same issue with mine and the valve was replaced twice. Then one of the techs told the process for switching to/city water and tank fill mode. Been using it for 2 years now without issue. There is an O ring that leaks if the valve is rotated under pressure. A few rotations of the valve will reseat it.

First turn the water supply off. Then open the hose in the wet bay to relieve the pressure on the supply side of the valve. Next at the bottom of the plumbing “manifold” open one of the low point drain valves (I usually use the cold water valve). This relieves pressure on the back side of the valve. Now you can rotate the valve handle. I seem to recall him saying that if you turned the valve to the left (city water to tank) then rotate in the same direction to return to the setting you want. It’s only 2 positions so what the heck.

I’ve never had a problem since using this procedure, and I’m constantly adding water to the fresh tank.

Cummins12V98
06-08-2021, 12:20 PM
YES, remove pressure first.

OCB
06-09-2021, 10:08 AM
YES, remove pressure first.

ALWAYS before turning the valve.
Clay

CHAPS2018
06-23-2021, 09:53 AM
Also note the requirement to relieve pressure prior to changing the setting is not unique to the Andersen valve.

porkchop
06-23-2021, 02:27 PM
I had a conversation with the head man at Anderson recently. No, I do not have a problem. He also advised it is best to always rotate in a clockwise direction. He said if you go one direction then the other it may push the o-ring out of position and cause the problem.

Bill

Cummins12V98
06-23-2021, 03:05 PM
I had a conversation with the head man at Anderson recently. No, I do not have a problem. He also advised it is best to always rotate in a clockwise direction. He said if you go one direction then the other it may push the o-ring out of position and cause the problem.

Bill

Good info, thanks!!!

MTK46
06-25-2021, 12:55 PM
Sure nice to have a older DRV without all those fancy things that can go wrong

Cummins12V98
06-25-2021, 05:23 PM
Sure nice to have a older DRV without all those fancy things that can go wrong

No kidding! Wish I had the simple 4 point manual hydraulic rams like were on my 07.5 DRV.

porthole
06-26-2021, 06:48 AM
Also note the requirement to relieve pressure prior to changing the setting is not unique to the Andersen valve.

What water control valves require you to relieve pressure before operating?

If you get to talk to an Anderson engineer - try and get him to say the ABCO RV manifold assembly requires you to relieve pressure before operating the manifold.

Internet fluff from the early days when the Anderson BRASS Company made the manifold out of almost all plastic. The plastic used could not maintain tolerances and the cartridge assembly could not maintain the o-ring in the gland.
And those manifolds were so bad turning off supply and relieving pressure was not enough to keep the O-ring in place.