PDA

View Full Version : Tech support name change needed?

OCB
04-29-2021, 09:26 AM
Referencing; Maxxair Maxxfan Plus/deluxe Roof Vents
How many have had the operator on the top the roof fail?
Mind failed last year but I wasn't going anywhere. Finally I called Tech Support telling the lady, my problem was the rain lid was going UP & DOWN on starting the fan. I had a error code (described blinking to her). I was told it was the circuit board, possible failure to high voltage. $100 so I waited awhile before ordering as I wasn't going anywhere. But I did get around to replacement, same problem but no error code. I didn't want to get up on the roof as it was icy, so I waited. I found the Operator For Maxxair Maxxfan Roof Vents busted in 4 pieces. I called for parts and was told that part was on back order. That is the most common failure part. $14.95 if in stock. A search showed most everyone with that item was out of stock unless the part was about $30 or more.

Hopefully my part will arrive next week to the end another story of the Tech Support giving bad advice. Previous experience was Wingard antenna telling me I had Dish electronic problem when it was Wingard mechanical (replaced a 17 cent pin).
It is good I'm retired with lots of time and able to climb around yet.
Clay 2016 DRV MS

MASTERDRAGO
05-03-2021, 08:05 PM
Make sure to buy extras. The original is cheap plastic in our 5r. The replacement sent was metal and ~$12 from https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Coleman-Mach-Operator-Mechanism-for-Automatic-Lift-p/72-0851.htm

Out of stock today but check every morning since they get new stock daily.