PDA

View Full Version : WifiRanger location

Notanlines
04-24-2021, 08:35 AM
I know where the exterior antenna is located, and the on/off switch inside, but what does the actual inside unit look like? And where might it usually be located?

GTM
04-24-2021, 11:21 AM
Well I have had the same question as it really never seemed to work. So currently I'm in the process of installing a Pepwave system from Mobile Must Have. What I finally think I have figured out is that the WiFi Ranger antenna on the roof is also the router. I have started pulling it off the roof and there are only two wires attached and I believe they come straight from the wall switch. I plan on checking it with a voltmeter this weekend.

CaptainPalapa
04-24-2021, 11:54 AM
With the WiFi Ranger that we had (and also ripped out in favor of a Pepwave device), there was a small box mounted behind the TV, plugged into a direct 12v wire. From there, antenna wires (of some sort) ran up to the roof antenna.

Our setup looked like this:
https://rv-mods.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/elitepackfm_shop_01-500x500-300x300.jpg

mmasters
05-03-2021, 03:46 PM
Correct, the WiFi Ranger is also a router. Ours works like a champ. You connect to the WiFi Ranger via a web address, find the best WiFi signal and log into that one. Presto, works. We have all the smart Tv's, personal Cell Phones, Laptops and connect to the Ranger, no need for new passwords.

Also set up a Verizon MiFi cellular so when local wifi is poor, I tell the WiFi Ranger to talk to the MiFi. Again no change to the laptops and other stuff.

DennisM71
05-03-2021, 07:53 PM
Mine has the router box in the cabinet along the ceiling right where the cable comes in from the roof antenna. Of course I installed it myself. Like Mark said, it works great.

mdedgett
05-04-2021, 11:43 AM
We have the WiFi Ranger Sky. Our router quit working several months after we got our new RV. The customer support folks were very helpful. They sent us a new master circuit board. It was easily replaced and located under the plastic antennae housing in the roof of the trailer.. I know if no components inside the rig except the power supply.

mmasters
05-10-2021, 03:08 PM
There are no parts of the WiFi Ranger Sky inside the coach, on the on/off switch.

Notanlines
05-10-2021, 05:04 PM
Thanks Mark, but what do you mean by "on the on/off switch."
Thanks again.

mmasters
05-10-2021, 05:23 PM
In our control cabinet ( slide controls, tank levels, generator stuff, power mgt, and ...) there is a rocker switch that turns the power on or off to the WiFi ranger that is mounted on the roof. Typically I leave it on all the time, including when the unit is park at our house.

BTW the F450 is a beast for Towing, also the 38 RSSA is the same layout as the JX450, get rid of the back couch and add a 10' garage. We love it.

Notanlines
05-10-2021, 05:45 PM
I thought that what you meant!
Nope, no more garages for us. We left that 'closet' behind years ago when we sold our Raptor. We triple tow everywhere we go and have no troubles. But we are getting ready to throw out the couch also and add two more "REAL" leather recliners.
Thanks again.