PDA

View Full Version : DRV Mattress

Tarheel2
04-20-2021, 09:46 PM
I purchased a used 2016 Mobile Suite 36’. The previous owner installed a residential King Sterns & Foster mattress. It is difficult to make the bed because the mattress is very heavy and to large. I would like to order a pillow top king size Mattress that comes with the mobile suite from the factory. Any help would be appreciated. Steve (757)287-0554

Notanlines
04-21-2021, 06:08 AM
Steve, the mattress that came from the factory in ours was pure trash. We had it hauled off, had a trim carpenter cut the bed frame down to a queen and bought a top of the line mattress (not pillow top) and couldn't be happier.

Tarheel2
04-21-2021, 11:53 AM
What brand, model, and where?

Notanlines
04-21-2021, 02:17 PM
Stearns and Foster, Estate Hurston, bought in Rice Lake, Wisconsin I believe at Bush and Gilles Furniture. Their price was only fair, but their service is without equal. And I was 1000 miles from home.
They delivered it to our RV park 20 miles away. The driver looked at our old one from DRV and asked "And how long did you and your wife sleep on this POS?" We all had a good laugh.

Tarheel2
04-21-2021, 03:44 PM
Stearns & Foster is what I already have. Its so heavy the shocks won’t hold it up and its residential and to big. Impossible to make the bed.

Notanlines
04-21-2021, 05:39 PM
Steve, you’re probably going to relegate yourself to a foam bed in a box. DW and I can’t sleep on foam or any of the other fancy names they came up with for foam rubber. Just too hot and sweaty!

Tarheel2
04-21-2021, 09:35 PM
I was hoping for other suggestions.

GTM
04-22-2021, 08:48 AM
Ours came with a Select Comfort RV King which was a upgrade option. Listen to what the other's are saying You do not want any RV manufactures Conventional mattress.

Tarheel2
04-22-2021, 09:26 AM
I understand all the above, but I still have not received any suggestions of RV mattresses brand, location, or websites other than sleep number. If the information is available, it would be appreciated.

GTM
04-22-2021, 12:40 PM
If you want light weight then select comfort. Also you could always call DRV and ask them

terry and jo
04-22-2021, 02:19 PM
Allow me to chime in on Select Comfort mattresses. We are on our second "Sleep Number" bed and love it. Our first was an "extended queen" mattress in our last couple of homes. It was great, but the wrong size for an RV, so when we ordered our 2010 MS, we ordered the RV queen sized mattress from DRV. Granted, they had to put in an extra electrical outlet under the bed for the pump, but we couldn't be happier with a mattress.

The wife even has stated that she likes the RV mattress better than she did the home version. She especially likes it when it comes to making the bed after washing the sheets. It is much lighter to lift to put on fitted sheets at the head of the bed.

I suspect that one might need to have an outlet wired under the bed to accommodate the pump, but in our RV (with a queen sized bed), there are outlets on the wall on each side of the bed. One would also need to drill holes in the "foundation" for the mattress to accommodate the air tubes from the pump to the mattress.

Any Select Comfort store could probably order a person an RV King version or one might be able to get one online. Just be sure that you get the RV "Premium" model.

Here is a link to Select Comfort's RV mattresses.

Select Comfort RV Mattresses (https://www.sleepnumber.com/categories/mattresses-rv-beds)

Terry

Tarheel2
04-22-2021, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but I Don’t want a Select mattress or any residential king mattress. I want a RV king mattress.

GTM
04-22-2021, 06:00 PM
Ever try Google

MTK46
04-26-2021, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but I Don’t want a Select mattress or any residential king mattress. I want a RV king mattress.

So what you are saying is you don't want a "air bed" RV King, is that right?
If that's right, sorry I can't help because that's what we have.

OneReallyOldGuy
04-26-2021, 06:28 PM
As far as I know the only difference between the two is the RV version is not as long as a residential king.
We ordered our coach without a mattress but prepped for a sleep number bed. We brought ours from home.
Contact a local mattress factory. Maybe they can help.

Notanlines
04-26-2021, 06:48 PM
Tarheel, here is an answer for you, probably not what you seem to want, but this factory is even in Tarheel Country, Chapel Hill: https://www.originalmattress.com/custom-size-mattresses

OCB
04-26-2021, 09:46 PM
I was hoping for other suggestions.
I understand your reasoning but for suggestions have you visited any Local RV Dealers to see what they have to offer. They could share MFG, they could order to meet your needs or they have a spare mattress. When I ordered my Fifth Wheel nearly 7 years ago with out a mattress, I had my own mattress but the dealer still wanted the mattress a spare.

Clay

GMH
05-08-2021, 03:57 PM
This is a chart of sizes I found. RV king would be 72”x80”.