PDA

View Full Version : Prepping water lines for first trip?

mtns4mama
03-13-2021, 08:05 AM
Hi folks! We are preparing to head out for our maiden voyage in our GD Reflections 260RD which we took delivery of on 11/2020. We winterized it when we got it home and will be flushing the lines with county water but wondered if we need to do anything beyond that since we won't be using the fresh water tank on this trip. I've read that the chlorine in the local water (and you can often smell it in ours) is enough - especially since ours is a new unit. Thoughts, please?

Notanlines
03-13-2021, 04:54 PM
Lisa, just run the water from every orifice for a good length of time....maybe a full minute, and hit the road.

wingnut60
03-20-2021, 04:53 PM
What will you do if you need to stop on the way to use the restroom in the trailer? I would suggest about 15-20% fill to have on the road. And running city water thru the system as suggested above, will easily sanitize the piping/faucets.

shocker
03-22-2021, 07:13 PM
Always go prepared. Fully sanitize/flush your fresh water tank and piping. As pointed out, put water in your tank (I learned the hard way to have some water on board -you arrive at the campground only to find that your site's water supply is not available for one reason or another).
Then with your rig loaded up with all of your stuff, go to a CAT scale and get weighed to verify that you are under your rigs weight limit.