PDA

View Full Version : UV water filtration

clev
02-20-2021, 01:07 PM
Anyone here use a UV light for their RV water? If so, can you elaborate?

clev
03-01-2021, 07:01 PM
LOL; no one? Well, I have a UV installed in my garage, so when I fill my tanks at home before departure, everything is sterilized. But, on the road, I’ll have to continue to rely on my 3 inline filters, including a 6 stick, candlestick ceramic filter.

terry and jo
03-01-2021, 10:29 PM
Maybe we're just lucky, but in almost 10 years of living full time in our Mobile Suites, we've never had to use any kind of filtration.

Terry

clev
03-01-2021, 11:04 PM
I don’t have to use anything, but don’t like the taste of water with city additives; especially chlorine. Filters take care of that. And being a bit of a germaphobe, I feel better knowing my water is as pure as ‘I’ can make it.

BSHGTO 1
03-02-2021, 08:52 AM
Wife has stomach issues with foreign water we used bottled water exclusively and that got old so I put one on the camper. Simple install, power it off a plug in basement, blow it out with air to winterize things.
If you put one in make sure it can handle the max water flow of your pump.`
We stayed in a questionable camp ground for the night traveling and the particulate filter (white rope type) turned brown from on day of use. Scared me so put one in, wife`s happy and that`s all that`s all that matters isn`t fellas. Amazon, Walmart has plenty to choose from.

clev
03-02-2021, 09:04 AM
Thank you, BSH.