PDA

View Full Version : Rv off season cover or not, pest proof

Larry drv 7*3
12-05-2020, 09:58 PM
Recently purchased 2009 Elite Suite 36TK3
Also purchased Camco 3 layer breathable cover
Always stored our Avion 5th wheel indoors but DRV wont fit in this bldg so will be outdoors in Michigan for this winter
Anyone use a RV cover for storage
Positives, negatives or tricks welcome
Also now need to pest proof unit with it outdoors
Used dryer sheets in compartments in summer with Avion, any better ideas

porthole
12-06-2020, 11:59 AM
Tennis balls over the gutter drains.
Haven't used one on the DRV. With our last trailer I used one for about 5 years, need to really make it snug. I used a lot of rope, up, over and around and under. The one year I didn't make it snug enough and we had high enough winds it wore through the white of the rubber roof to where black was showing in some spots. That was the end of the cover use.

Larry drv 7*3
12-06-2020, 06:18 PM
Thanks, first i heard of the tennis balls, great tip, can expect some hefty winds over winter in mid michigan so may forgo risking that damage
Thank you

Cummins12V98
12-07-2020, 04:05 AM
Personally would not use a cover, chafing or surfaces may happen!!!

Notanlines
12-07-2020, 04:41 AM
You will find that the vast majority of experienced RV'ers don't risk the cover. Never see one at a dealer in use and too much damage to contend with.

porkchop
12-07-2020, 09:23 AM
In my opinion the only thing worse than a storage cover is the Bug Banner that will rub your paint off while you drive

Bill

clev
12-14-2020, 04:30 PM
I’ve used a Bug Banner for almost 2 years; the original plus one made by my wife. If installed correctly, it is rock solid; no flutter and no flap. Looking back while driving, the banner is not moving.