PDA

View Full Version : What kind of trailer hitching mechanism?

friz
11-25-2020, 09:49 AM
New to me 2016 F-250 6.7L. Need an assist in identifying the hitch that went in the bed. Dealer could only say "gooseneck" . The 1st photo is of the bed. The larger center circular hole has nothing in it. It does look like a ball went there. The first set of four holes around the larger circular hole are drilled through the mounting frame under the bed.

In my 2004 F-250 I have an EZ Lift retractable ball. Doesn't look anything like this one. Not even sure if it was a gooseneck at this point.

The second photo is the mounting frame for whatever was attached above. There is not any mechanism for a retractable ball. Everything looks static.

The 3rd photo is of a pad which sits between the mounting frame and the underneath of the bed. The numbers on it are interesting. One starts with FOMOCO. Have not googled the numbers as of yet - next.

The fourth photo is of a number cast onto the mounting frame. May just be a casting number.

Any help appreciated. Obviously I am stoked about my new toy.

Thanks, Friz

friz
11-26-2020, 07:56 AM
Thanks anyhow. Figured it out for myself. It is a Ford factory installed puck system. Can accommodate gooseneck or standard king pin.

FuShiLuMeitan
11-30-2020, 04:24 PM
Yes and you can swap to a Geny Executive Fifth Wheel hitch on your Trailer. Works a treat.

friz
12-01-2020, 09:04 AM
Yes and you can swap to a Geny Executive Fifth Wheel hitch on your Trailer. Works a treat.

Thanks for the "heads up"! Another "better mousetrap" Great concept but at $900 I don't believe I will switch.

FuShiLuMeitan
12-01-2020, 09:36 AM
They toss great deals up on Amazon quite often. Never paid full price for any of the ones I have. Just a suggestion for ease and a great ride. My wife has the truck hooked up in less than 10 minutes with confidence. ;)

Edd505
12-04-2020, 04:24 PM
With the puck system you can use one of these, best I have used. Better that the Reese or Husky that came before it.

wingnut60
12-05-2020, 09:35 AM
That pic is the standard center post Companion, not the puck model.