PDA

View Full Version : Camping chairs

simonwillis
09-24-2020, 11:25 AM
We are trying to chip away at some of the things we know we will need prior to our first camping trip planned for late October.

One of those items is camping chairs. I have no interest in breaking the bank on yeti chairs, has anyone use these and if so what are your thoughts?

Goose_NC
09-24-2020, 01:55 PM
Buy chairs rated for the real weights of your group. We bought higher weight rated chairs 4 years ago,and they had held up well. The WalMart "guest" chairs have all died.

Also, consider the heights of the chairs. At 6'7", I have my "big chair" that is very comfortable. Wife has chair that she fits in well. We spend time outside when RVing.

FuShiLuMeitan
09-27-2020, 01:40 PM
Hehe, just stay away from cheap ‘gravity’ chairs. One ate off the wife’s finger a year ago. Vicious little things. ;)

Goose_NC
09-27-2020, 05:17 PM
Hehe, just stay away from cheap ‘gravity’ chairs. One ate off the wife’s finger a year ago. Vicious little things. ;)

Her finger or the chair is vicious?

Oh my!!

FuShiLuMeitan
09-27-2020, 05:19 PM
Let’s just say I love her a little less. ;)

Goose_NC
09-27-2020, 10:05 PM
Let’s just say I love her a little less. ;)

*Giggle snort*😀

OneReallyOldGuy
09-28-2020, 05:12 PM
We are trying to chip away at some of the things we know we will need prior to our first camping trip planned for late October.

One of those items is camping chairs. I have no interest in breaking the bank on yeti chairs, has anyone use these and if so what are your thoughts?

I’ve got two of those. Very comfortable. My son has the large size. Too big for me. My feet don’t touch the ground. Order one of each, sit in them all afternoon and see how you feel. Keep the one you like.

MASTERDRAGO
09-28-2020, 10:01 PM
A friend has these and they are very comfortable, fold nicely but are a bit heavy.
https://www.amazon.com/Outsunny-Piece-Outdoor-Folding-Rocking/dp/B07BMKFH87/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=outsunny+outdoor+rocking+chairs+clearance +set+of+2&qid=1601317443&sr=8-8

Make sure to read all the reviews. We plan on getting this set. May find them at Sam's Club.

Goose_NC
09-29-2020, 04:55 AM
Wife said that for her the most useful chairs are the one with the side table attached. Short enough for her. And useful. We primative camp usually, and the rockers do not work very well on uneven ground or sand.

amp17408
09-29-2020, 09:20 AM
We’ve used Picnictime brand for years, they are the most comfortable, lightweight and they have the Side table.