PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Fan Replacement

Tenbrooks
09-22-2020, 08:22 PM
The DRV installed living room ceiling fan in our 2019 40KSSB4 just doesn't work. It doesn't move air in either direction. It's a hugger fan installed very close to the ceiling and I'm thinking there is no room for air to feed the fan from above the blades, or the pitch of the blades is flat, or the fan is just cheap.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a replacement fan? This should be a simple change out so I'm thinking any fan from Home Depot or Lowes would work. I'm thinking about replacing the hugger style fan with one that has a short 2-3" rod to move the fan down. Our rig has high ceilings.

Stripit
09-22-2020, 10:00 PM
On my 36 TK3 the fan blades just barely cleared the slide out as it came in. Lowering the blades any on my rig would never had worked. I did alter the blades a bit by using washers under one edge of the mounting unit to give the blades a bit more arch and some air movement.

Cummins12V98
09-23-2020, 11:23 AM
The DRV installed living room ceiling fan in our 2019 40KSSB4 just doesn't work. It doesn't move air in either direction. It's a hugger fan installed very close to the ceiling and I'm thinking there is no room for air to feed the fan from above the blades, or the pitch of the blades is flat, or the fan is just cheap.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a replacement fan? This should be a simple change out so I'm thinking any fan from Home Depot or Lowes would work. I'm thinking about replacing the hugger style fan with one that has a short 2-3" rod to move the fan down. Our rig has high ceilings.

Join the DRV section of the Thor Forum, there is a good writeup on this subject.

routemaster
09-28-2020, 05:56 PM
I took out the hugger fan and I bought one from HD builders mod works really good. I made a new ceiling rose instead of the plastic one. I cut a down tube and the fan will be inside slide out room ceiling.