PDA

View Full Version : Securing a Honda 2000i

nemorpd
09-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm looking for suggestions as to easy ways to secure a generator for use at truck stops or remote areas. I'd hate to have it walk off on me.

Thanks
Dan

5thwheeler
09-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Chain through the handle and around something secure such as the hitch in the back of your truck or the frame of the 5thwheel.

rotaxman
09-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Dan

A Smith and Wesson 44 magnum pointed at the perpetrator should be a huge deterrent.

Just hate thieves if it wasn't for them wouldn't need all of those locks and keys to keep track of.

Know this wasn't of much help.

As always good camping

Jerry and Joyce

BobW
10-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Leash a Pit Bull to the handle.

MDTdriver
10-28-2006, 11:03 PM
I put mine under the bedroom slide which is in the rear of 5er (RAIN) and run a cable thru the 5er wheel and handle of Gen.
Most of the time I put it away before I go to bed.
Goes in the bed storage on my MDT.

Larry & Kathy Plus Meeko

berghild
02-27-2008, 06:43 PM
did you have any luck chaining yours down. i keep hearing that that won't hnelp much

jay102
07-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I have used a cable around the whole unit through the handle and parked a truck tire on the cable. I just do not like a generator running in the bed of the truck under the bed I am sleeping in. I have often though that it would really stink for someone to plug a grinder into my running generator some night and cut my cable. I would probably sleep right through it until the ac went off.

berghild
07-07-2010, 06:52 AM
i would never have thought of someone plugging in a grinder! i sleep soundly, but hopefully that would wake me up.
we have cabled the hondas for a couples of years now and have never had a problem. the are either cabled in the pickup bed or to the frame.
no matter where we have parked we have had no problems.
that being said...now something will happen!

Mel11
10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Is not the handle on Honda 2000 just plastic ??
If so chaining it there could be a problem I would think.

MDTdriver
10-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I believe there is a metal bar which is part of the metal frame under the plastic case of the Gen. So a chain which I use or metal cable then there would hear if some one started a grinder on the chain or cable. I also have a 80lb dog in the 5er at night and he will hear any one around at night.
Larry 7 Kathy plus Meeko who loves the 32 deg temp