PDA

View Full Version : best surge protector

Rule#5
08-27-2020, 12:38 PM
probably asked and answered a billion times and tech challenged cannot find it. Soooo looking at the Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X. Any other one we should be considering? Anyone have it and like/dislike?
Thanks

CHAPS2018
09-01-2020, 05:49 PM
Good choice! The only thing better would be the hard wired version.

Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C Surge Protector

wingnut60
09-05-2020, 11:11 PM
Probably the best choice of any available, as above, only diff being the portable or the hard-wires version. I believe they still have a lifetime warranty IF you retain proof of purchase.

Notanlines
09-06-2020, 10:17 AM
I agree that it is a fine choice, however I believe 3 Year Warranty (Hardwires) 1 Year Warranty (Portables) is what the buyer will find.

wingnut60
09-06-2020, 07:33 PM
Jim, someone recently purchase PI, but they still have the liftime warranty, if the unit is not mis-used.

"Our Lifetime Warranty covers only Progressive Industries’ workmanship, internal electronics and parts & materials contained within the unit housing. Any and all damage to the outside of the unit is not covered. External damage is typically associated with a poor connection between your RV or our EMS/SSP units and a power cord. The Lifetime Warranty does not cover labor or shipping charges."

I can vouch that they stand behind the units, got a new one at absolutely no cost.

Joe

Notanlines
09-07-2020, 09:28 AM
I was quoting 'roughly' their message to me about 5-6 years ago when I contacted them about returning our portable (just simply quit). Looks like maybe they pulled their head out of their butt and 'got with the program. Good on 'em!