PDA

View Full Version : Fantasstic Fan Replacement

anijet
08-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Our kitchen fan stopped working correctly so I ordered a new one with remote control. I didn't know it came with a new garnish so I found one on Amazon that was tall enough. The new fan came and it had a new garnish with it but... it was too short, only about 4.5 inches..Probably fine for many other brand RVs but not a MS. So all worked well ordering the one from Amazon. The original one had yellowed over time and the new one looks really good. I'm ordering another one to replace the yellowed one in the bedroom.

F350ms38rssa
08-12-2020, 08:27 PM
I noticed the other day that 2 of the 4 plastic tabs had cracked and fell to the floor on mine. I figure they must have over tightened them. When you take yours apart can you tell me the size of the garnish your talking about?

anijet
08-13-2020, 09:18 AM
This one fit perfect. No trimming needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073Q32BLC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Three of the corners were either cracked or broken on our old one. Same in the bedroom which is another reason I'm replacing it too.

bsts
08-17-2020, 06:49 PM
Just replaced both of ours after 16 years on the road, price was definitely right and perfect fit.

Discusdano
08-18-2020, 07:07 AM
I'm going to replace mine this weekend on your advice. New one from Amazon is arriving tomorrow. Is it just four screws out and four screws in or am I dealing with sealant, etc?

anijet
08-18-2020, 09:46 AM
I'm going to replace mine this weekend on your advice. New one from Amazon is arriving tomorrow. Is it just four screws out and four screws in or am I dealing with sealant, etc?

4 screws - Should take about 2 minutes.

Walt
08-18-2020, 11:23 AM
I put little washers under the screws to spread out clamping force so the plastic doesn't break again.

wingnut60
08-19-2020, 10:36 AM
Walt has the answer to keeping the new ones from cracking like the old ones. The garnish has a lip that keeps the flange part from seating flat against the ceiling, thus when tightening the screw, it bends/breaks the plastic flange. This is a design flaw present on almost every fan cover. Use the washers...

porthole
09-04-2020, 12:08 PM
You guys bringing up the trim cracking ......
Ours was fine until I went to the camper last week. 2 of the 4 trim rings are broken, pieces on the floor.