PDA

View Full Version : Res Refrig

ARCliz
06-04-2020, 09:22 AM
has anyone tried or thought about LOWERING your fridge so that it can be pulled out to clean coils? the space under ours is just an empty void and I think it would be better if the fridge was seated on the slide floor instead of HANGING in the air! any thoughts?

Cummins12V98
06-04-2020, 10:23 AM
Personally I LOVE ours being elevated!

Use a small extension for your vac. Then give it a blast with compresses air.

Place the same filter media behind the removable grill and the coils will stay clean. Just need to clean the filter on occasion.

ARCliz
06-06-2020, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the advice and I have tried that but I still think it needs a better cleaning. Seems to me that fridge would be more stable traveling if it were mounted to slide floor ,not elevated.

Cummins12V98
06-06-2020, 10:55 AM
Your frig is secured.

Notanlines
06-06-2020, 06:36 PM
Tony, we probably believe that you are overthinking this. Type A personalities find that if there are no problems to solve then they will develop one to solve. Sound familiar? Just like Cummins said....no problem and none will develop.

golf_bears
06-07-2020, 07:59 AM
Ours is fine elevated and is secure. I would not want to lower it to the floor because I would not be able to open the doors without opening the slide. We often stop for lunch while we are traveling and would have to open the kitchen slide just to make a sandwich. Would kind of be a PITA for us.

Cummins12V98
06-07-2020, 12:04 PM
"We often stop for lunch while we are traveling and would have to open the kitchen slide just to make a sandwich"

Forgot about that FACT!!!

I simply like to stand and look in the frig and not have to stoop over. My Dad bought the same KitchenAid for his park model as we have. First time I opened his I thought "I am sure glad ours is elevated".

ARCliz
06-14-2020, 08:52 AM
Thanks for ALL the input ! I guess I will re-think and have a second look at this issue ! SAFE TRAVELS ALL !!!!