PDA

View Full Version : Trailer disengaged

flyingjack
05-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Silverado 2500 2016 has occasionally had "trailer disengaged" come up on dash and then goes away quickly. This year it is much worse when I took 5er on preseason test run- check out new MorRyde after installation. Before I start chasing down issues; any suggestions.
Jack
303-356-7767
Thanks

Notanlines
05-29-2020, 11:17 AM
Jack, you need a 57003 adapter made for late model trucks and RV's with LED lights. Yes, they do work, flawlessly. We had the same trouble.
Go here: https://www.amazon.com/57003-7-Way-Blade-Electrical-Adapter/dp/B00AFVOF3M

Notanlines
05-29-2020, 03:49 PM
Jack, after talking with you and finding out your RV doesn’t have LED lights I have changed my opinion to worn and loose 7 pin connection possibly .

flyingjack
05-30-2020, 01:11 PM
Completed all new hubs, bearings, brakes and checking torque of spring hanger bolts so went on shakedown highway jaunt. Plugged into factory 7 pin connector that is located in bumper instead of using the added female port located inside pickup bed rail. NO ISSUES; so, apparently, the after-market add-on plug-in, even though it appears to be a GM part, has a bad connection. Local automotive shop will take it from here and try to find the problem because I suck at all things electronic. Keep you posted.
Jack

Edd505
06-08-2020, 06:24 PM
Just had the same happen when I plugged in to mover the 5W. No trailer connected in bed 7pin, worked fine in the bumper 7pin, worn/loose 7 pin in the bed. I put a small bungee around the hold in place until I can replace the socket.

GearHeadOSU
06-08-2020, 11:18 PM
I have a 2016 Silverado, and on 2nd trip with my new 5er got a similar message. Stopped and checked, and the plug was not fully inserted and trapped by the molded-in tab (which gets trapped by receptacle "door"). I was impressed that the truck could detect the intermittent contact. So I would look for loose connections in the wiring of the in-bed receptacle.
Good luck!

flyingjack
04-24-2021, 09:40 AM
Reading through old posts and noticed I never updated: local shop found a loose fitting on after market plug in that was installed on left bed rail in back of pickup. All was good for last year's 2,500+ miles trip. Getting ready for this year's trip to NW starting late May.