PDA

View Full Version : TSD Logistics

friz
04-24-2020, 08:17 AM
Anyone use them to buy diesel? I learned about them a couple of months ago. The short is I applied for a card (free), they sent it to me, I used it at Love's in Hawthorne FL, they paid Love's, I paid them. Pump price for diesel was $2.43. I paid $1.67. This is an established, legitimate company that has been used by OTR truckers for years for fuel and loads (Logistics). They recently opened/invited RVers or anyone who buys diesel to use their service. Only available in the big rig truck lanes, not the auto diesel lanes.

wingnut60
04-24-2020, 09:47 PM
Tons of posts on IRV2.com on this company, seems to be working very well for them. I have applied for a card, it is on the way.

Notanlines
04-25-2020, 04:34 AM
Sent me running when they required my social security number.

wingnut60
04-26-2020, 09:21 PM
Jim,
Our SS numbers are out there is any miscreant wants to get hold of one...while a good idea not to spread it any further than necessary, I'll wait to hear of someone having a problem with TSD's handling of the account before I think about cancelling. When I finally get around to using it, will post to let you know how it goes. Problem with being full-time using a mail drop is getting the mail sent regularly, and I'm not even at the coach for the next month. It will be a while before I get to try it.

Notanlines
04-27-2020, 04:28 AM
Joe, I'd be interested in hearing just exactly what you offered. That old adage "If it seems too good to be true" sort of hangs around this program. I hope it is for real. I'm not complaining about fuel prices, but I sure would like to save a little money also.

friz
04-29-2020, 08:27 AM
Jim,
Our SS numbers are out there is any miscreant wants to get hold of one...while a good idea not to spread it any further than necessary, I'll wait to hear of someone having a problem with TSD's handling of the account before I think about cancelling. When I finally get around to using it, will post to let you know how it goes. Problem with being full-time using a mail drop is getting the mail sent regularly, and I'm not even at the coach for the next month. It will be a while before I get to try it.

Except for receiving the card via snail mail, all transactions/records are handled on the internet.

Notanlines, who is Joe?

wingnut60
04-29-2020, 08:51 AM
Joe is me...long-time member of this forum.

Notanlines
04-29-2020, 03:44 PM
Friz, I usually try to refer to a member by their real name. It seems a little more personal and they know that I went to the trouble to look at their profile. To some members this would be shades of '1984' so I just use their nick.

MTK46
05-04-2020, 03:14 PM
Local Love's station posted price for diesel is $3.299.
Went down the road 5 miles Food 4 Less $2.299.
Fastrip where I filled $2.159 credit price.
No problem getting a big RV into any of those stations.
Been filling at the cheaper stations for years.

Diesel-Gypsy
05-04-2020, 03:49 PM
I use the card, I highly recommend it if you want to save decent money on fuel.
Last good trip i saved over $350.00 in a week.
Doubt me...?
Try it first.
The thing is now that we are deep into a world wide drop in the price of a barrel of oil, there can only be so much extra discount available.
So today you may only see about 45 to 60 cents off on a gallon depending on location.
It costs nothing to join up, and as long as you have a smart phone you will be able to save as much as can be saved, and be able to see any station along your route and what you will pay for fuel there....

LarryFlew
05-04-2020, 03:57 PM
Been using it for a couple years. Saved 450 last year. Almost always been cheaper than any mom and pop in towns near us. Best has been a loves listed at 3.39 and billed for 1.64. Nearby stations in town where 2.59.

Bwilson
05-04-2020, 04:02 PM
On the Montana forum where I am also a member, there are many accolades for this card. Same concern and same responses on their use of SS numbers. I will be applying for one now that we are back in the country and picking up our new (to us) 2019 Montana tomorrow!
Stay safe and healthy!

MTK46
05-04-2020, 04:04 PM
I don't doubt you will save $ at the truck stops. It's just that their prices are way out of line with independent stations. Yes they are easier to get into with a RV.
Yes they pump faster. Pump wouldn't shut of after $100 on a debit or credit card. I use Gasbuddy so I'll find a RV friendly station and save $.50 over the truck stop price.

wingnut60
05-04-2020, 05:33 PM
What ever works for you--where are you located that Love's diesel is still at $3.299?
Every place I have been by a Love's lately has been at $2.79 or less.
I too use either GasBuddy or GasGuru to locate a reasonable price to fill when unhooked from the fiver I had; now I have a MH and it will be easier for me to use a truck lane at a Love's with the TSD card when it comes in.

LarryFlew
05-04-2020, 05:38 PM
We check GB against the discount every time we are close to a town vs interstate Loves and only once a Caseys was a nickel cheaper than the discounted prices. Several times they where nearly the same. Several times a 20 mile or more trip out of the way would have been better but imo not worth the time.

MTK46
05-04-2020, 05:45 PM
That Love's is right off I-10 in Coachella Ca.
Love's in Quartzsite Az is $2.74

Edd505
05-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Been around years, had it as a commercial driver. Applied as soon as I heard it was available for RV's and installed an 80 gallon transfer tank. I now have a range of 1000 miles and fill when I want to not when I have to. $1.29 today in El Paso,TX

Those worried about SSI numbers, have you ever got a loan or credit with out giving it? It's away for them to check credit, I suspect you credit rating suck you won't get a card.

Diesel-Gypsy
05-05-2020, 05:01 AM
Oh, and if anyone wants to get a card, please use my name as a reference, thanks
Richard Lacombe

Photomonjax
05-05-2020, 07:59 AM
The card is a must for savings at the pump. Filled up yesterday.
Street sign $2.43 for Diesel
Truck pumps $1.85
With card $1.43.9
I will take the savings!

Diesel-Gypsy
05-05-2020, 08:09 AM
If you want to e-mail a contact : trape@tsdinc.com
Tara will be glad to get you set up..
Tell her Richard Lacombe was your contact reference please.
You will not be disappointed !

Dave A
05-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Got the card last year and I like it. We pull a big 5th wheel and you don't have to worry about getting in and out of truck stops , the savings are great and I'm not worried about getting a load of bad fuel from a small place that may not move as much diesel as a big truck stop. Also DEF is usually handy and you don't have to buy the jugs which saves a ton of money.

Notanlines
05-07-2020, 06:41 PM
Pilot Flying J says it is no longer part of the discount deal. https://www.rvtravel.com/diesel-939/

MTK46
05-07-2020, 07:01 PM
So how do you see the price you will be charged for before you pump?

Diesel-Gypsy
05-07-2020, 08:06 PM
It’s on the app in your phone, once you have an account and a login PIN , you look up any fuel station you want.
Usually you have a route in mind and you just take a look on the map on the app and it shows all the fuel stops and pricing at each stop .
It’s not complicated.
Any other questions , fire away.
Richard lacombe

friz
05-08-2020, 09:51 AM
2nd fill up with the card on Wednesday. Pump price was $2.44. EFS phone app listed it as $1.40. Same Love's in Hawthorne, FL. I went to 3 weeks ago. I will be riding this Gravy Train until it pulls into the station.

Notanlines
05-08-2020, 11:40 AM
Well, y'all talked me into it. And yes, Richard Lacombe, I did use your name. Maybe they will sent you something free...:cool:

Diesel-Gypsy
05-08-2020, 12:28 PM
You will not be disappointed!
Thanks forgiving my name as a reference!
Anybody else want to save big on fuel?
Go ahead, sign up, give my name while your at it...
Richard Lacombe

MTK46
05-08-2020, 03:00 PM
Yes you talked me into also. Gave them your name as reference. I wouldn't be using the card until we leave around the last week in June. Be gone for three months.

Diesel-Gypsy
05-08-2020, 04:31 PM
MTK 46 you will be pleased that first time you put your card in, enter your PIN, and fill up.
Easy as that, in a few moments you will see the discount on your smart phone in the EFS app.
Enjoy!

friz
05-12-2020, 07:29 AM
"Posted Friday at 05:28 PM
Got an email from TSD today about the program....
Good evening TSD Fuel card holders. We have some great news. TA/Petro has come back to us with some great rates. They will likely be the lowest price out of all of our vendors."

Read this on another RV forum this morning. At least one more person reported getting the same email. I have not. I didn't know they left. Maybe it is just announcing a new rate schedule?

MTK46
05-28-2020, 04:08 PM
Still waiting on my card. I signed up on 5/9/2020.
I did get the email about adding TA truck stops to the list. I downloaded their app but didn't find it useful for me. I uninstalled it as just Googled TA truck stops as that is more useful than their app.

Diesel-Gypsy
05-28-2020, 04:54 PM
When your EFS card arrives you will have access to a much different, more useful and accurate for locating and planning a road trip with fuel stops.
You need the card to login to that app.
I guess with the pandemic things are a little slow mail wise.
Let us all know when it arrives, and how you like it.

Edd505
05-28-2020, 10:22 PM
Still waiting on my card. I signed up on 5/9/2020.
I did get the email about adding TA truck stops to the list. I downloaded their app but didn't find it useful for me. I uninstalled it as just Googled TA truck stops as that is more useful than their app.
Apps not going to work until you put in your card number. Remember it's a TSD is a membership, you need your member number to use the app. Works great, play with it it does lots of things, including the best price in the area.

MTK46
05-29-2020, 11:59 AM
Got a email from them this morning.
I called and gave them the info they needed.
Card should be sent today. My guess is I should have it by next Monday or Tuesday.
There is a TA and a Love's both 20 miles or so from where I live. Their posted price for Diesel is just under a $1.00 more then two independent stations 5 miles away. Be interested in the price once I get the TSD fuel card.

Diesel-Gypsy
05-29-2020, 01:18 PM
Yes, you will see a discount, but don’t be disappointed with that number.
Don’t forget right now there is precious little as far as how much less TSD can offer the fuel.
As the price of fuel goes up, that discount will ride accordingly.
As they say, not much fat on the hog these days..LOL

MTK46
06-01-2020, 07:42 PM
Got my card today. Got signed up and also updated my wallet in my Love's reward card.
I checked out the prices at my local Love's and TA truck stops. $.16 off at Love's . $.68 off at TA which brings it within a dime of independent station 5 miles from it.
Once out of California I think that's where this card will pay of.
We're leaving the last weekend in this month headed to S.D. and MN. Will be gone for three months.

Xflyhighx
06-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Been using the card at Loves now for almost a year. Saved a pile of money. Usually save 20.00 give or take on 60.00 fill up. Today I filled up at the same Loves and my savings was 3.91. What’s going on.

Diesel-Gypsy
06-08-2020, 08:22 PM
No more fat on the hog basically...
When the street price is hovering around less than $2.00 a gallon, there is just not much left as far as further discounts...
Just the way it is these days...
Rick

Xflyhighx
06-08-2020, 08:44 PM
The price today is 2.489. That is pretty high in comparison with others in the area in Florida. Last time fuel was about a little less and the discount was .68 gal discount.

Diesel-Gypsy
06-08-2020, 08:50 PM
Well, did you send an inquiry to one of the admins at TSD, Tara Rape is a good contact.
They will know...
Rick

Xflyhighx
06-08-2020, 08:58 PM
That’s what I’m going to do tomorrow. Thanks

MTK46
06-08-2020, 09:42 PM
By the info I got with my card the best discounts is at TA truck stops. That rings true with my Love's and TA truck stops that are 1/4 mile apart. Both have the same posted price. $.68 off at TA only $.16 off at Love's.

Edd505
06-08-2020, 10:20 PM
By the info I got with my card the best discounts is at TA truck stops. That rings true with my Love's and TA truck stops that are 1/4 mile apart. Both have the same posted price. $.68 off at TA only $.16 off at Love's.
You did not check the app for best price, you assumed Loves was best and it was until it changed. Now T/A's the better deal, guess you don't read the TSD emails.

Xflyhighx
06-09-2020, 04:43 AM
I need to find out why am not getting the emails. Thanks for all the great advice

friz
06-09-2020, 07:39 AM
Been using the card at Loves now for almost a year. Saved a pile of money. Usually save 20.00 give or take on 60.00 fill up. Today I filled up at the same Loves and my savings was 3.91. What’s going on.

Same experience at Loves in Hawthorne FL 2 weeks ago. I had been enjoying 70-90 cent discounts. Last time it was 16 cents/gal! Asked the counter help who referred me to the General Manager who of course was not there. Called the number on the back of the card. Didn't get an explanation but was just told the Loves discount is 16 cents. Kind of a "I don't know" attitude". So that is the 2nd large fuel retailer to basically drop out. Pilot/Flying J and now Loves. Hope this gravy train is not pulling into the station.

Xflyhighx
06-09-2020, 11:40 AM
That’s how I feel, but they mjj in gut take turns. TA and petro is giving the discounts that we were getting. Will see. Thanks for everyone’s help.

MTK46
06-26-2020, 08:51 PM
Getting ready to head out come July 1. Gone for 3 months.
Used my card for the first time today to top off my F-350. Posted credit price $3.259 after the fees I paid $2.601. This was the TA right off I-10 in Coachella Ca.

Diesel-Gypsy
06-27-2020, 08:01 AM
Good news....
Saving $.65 a gallon is well worth the sign-up fee which is zero..��.
I’m glad you took the time for sure.
Anybody else who decides it’s time to use TSD Logistics please use my name as a reference...Richard Lacombe
Stay safe on the road!

MTK46
06-27-2020, 09:05 AM
Another plus of filling on the truck island was DEF.
I topped that off too.

MTK46
06-27-2020, 05:50 PM
Good news....
Saving $.65 a gallon is well worth the sign-up fee which is zero..��.

To me I saved $.25 a gallon. Why I say that is five miles down the road is a independent station I have used for years. Their credit price was $2.899. Cheapest diesel around me.
Truck stops rip truckers off with their inflated prices.
I'll use this card yes, but if there's a independent station that I can get into that is cheaper that's where I'll fuel.

wingnut60
06-28-2020, 12:15 PM
Just have to work all the angles--Love's discount is no longer any better than an independent station, but has the truck lanes. If buying 50+ gal diesel, any way to get some good savings is a big help.
In my case, the listed price has to beat Sam's/WM/QT and others that my Mastercard gives me 5% on fuel prices. Can be a head-swimming math deal to work it all thru...

MTK46
06-28-2020, 05:08 PM
Joe I know what you're talking about.
Our Sam's diesel is $2.809 so five percent off would have been $2.669.
That's why I check all the players before I fuel.
So far looks like TA truck stops with the RV fuel discount will say me the most $ overall.

wingnut60
06-29-2020, 09:03 PM
Just to make you feel terrible--diesel here in G. Junction, CO, is $2.09 all over; for grins, Sam's in Burleson, TX, is $1.67.....

Bwilson
06-29-2020, 09:22 PM
I haven’t gotten around to getting the card yet but when traveling with or without one of our 5ers we use gas buddy and check prices carefully. Just travelled from Georgetown Tx to our place outside Ruidoso NM. Going to NM we bought diesel fuel for 1.799 per gallon in Roswell NM. Returning home yesterday we paid 1.779 at the same station. With a 40 gallon tank in the bed, we are able to fuel wherever it is cheapest!

MTK46
06-29-2020, 10:35 PM
Heading out July 1. Will go through Az, N.M. CO. Neb.
S.D MN. & Iowa. Bound to be cheaper diesel than here in California.

MTK46
08-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Have fueled 6 times so far this summer at TA stations. Saved from $.49 to as little as $.06 per gallon off posted price.
Have paid as low as $1.70, high $2.17.
So yes card is worth getting.