PDA

View Full Version : Ideal 5W size?

Jerapais69
02-02-2020, 12:50 PM
I know it's subjective and individualized, but wife and I have had two toyhaulers both 44'. Very cumbersome to haul around but spacious. Garage has come in handy for fulltime living while building a home but that's gonna end.
King bed is a must as is all 4 hydraulic jacks. Not looking for toyhauler anymore as 95% of the time it's just the two of us taking it on two week or weekend trips. Anyone have luck downsizing and if so what was your story and what brand/model do you prefer?

Primo Rudy's Roadhouse
02-10-2020, 05:41 PM
I have been wondering the same thing and have come to the conclusion a 30 +/- foot would be nice for me and my wife plus a slide. It would fit in most state parks and is not too combersome

Jerapais69
02-10-2020, 06:32 PM
Thx Primo. Forgot about the national park limitations. Thx!

Notanlines
02-11-2020, 05:32 AM
Rudy, the only thing I can add is to try for 2 slides, one opposing the other. It sure opens things up.

friz
02-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Wife, myself and 2 bassett hounds. Our 5er is a inch shy of 29', 1 slide out. Weighs around 8500 lbs and tows beautifully behind our F-250 diesel. We took a 2 month ride last summer (8K miles). It was our first experience with camping for more than a week. Granted it is personal experience but we were very comfortable. Absolutely no complaints about being cramped.
Notalines mentioned about a 2nd slideout. Don't know at what length they appear but imagine a 2nd would really be nice. I have read on forums about problems with slideouts with plumbing that have and/or propane. Once again, not personal experience but something worth considering/investigating. Happy trails to you!

4happyfeet
02-14-2020, 09:03 AM
We are selling stick-n-bricks to move into our DRV MS 41 RKSB4 full time next month. The setup for permanent space is hard to get in and out of, so we bought a KZ Connect 261RB for travel. My first tail wagger. Dually doesn’t even know it’s there. Has all the amenities, just a smaller scale. Under 30’, national park friendly. Big bath, king bed. Not nearly as much space for storage, but plenty for shorter trips. Liked it because flooring is thicker than most. Seems like that is a weak spot on tts.

Dr. D
03-21-2020, 05:26 PM
I agree fully.

bpadamson
03-24-2020, 01:27 PM
We have a 31' toyhauler, no slides, but it is 8.5 feet wide and plenty of headroom. The dinette is in the rear and can be lifted up out of the way to haul toys. We do not haul toys and there is only 2 of us most the time. We can get in most places-- haven't found a spot yet but some are tight. The big difference is our unit is that it is open floor plan, we have no wall to block off the garage and it doesn't seem like a garage. It is subjective, but it works well for us and many of our friends.