PDA

View Full Version : Where are GFCI's in a 2008 Mobile Suites?

louwho99
12-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Today we lost power at the pole & the campground had to replace the outlet.
We reset the GFCI at the panel in the RV but not all of the outlets are working.
The microwave is not working, nor are the outlets in the bedroom.
We looked at all the inside outlets, the compartment where the valves are, in the belly but can't find another GFCI.
Can someone tell me if there is another GFCI that needs to be reset? Or something else we need to do to get the microwave, etc working again?
Really appreciate any advice, as we are tearing our hair out trying to figure this out!
Thanks!!

Stripit
12-04-2019, 07:48 AM
In my outside water cabinet there was a plug that was GFI. Might want to check there also.

louwho99
12-04-2019, 08:14 AM
Thanks, Stripit, I appreciate your response. We did check that too but no luck. ��

Stripit
12-04-2019, 08:48 AM
How about behind the fridge you have access behind the fridge plastic air vent? Don't recall if that was a GFI or not. As I recall, one in the bathroom, one in the outside water box, maybe one where the central vacuun plugged in? behind the sliding doors, might have been one on the bed frame near the closet. We had the king size bed with outlets for a heated blanket or such to plug in on either side. Sold my trailer so can't go hunting for you but trying to think of what else to look for.

porkchop
12-04-2019, 09:21 AM
The microwave is not on a gfi circuit. It should be on a single circuit by it's self. Same for frig.The bedroom also should not be on gfi.
Breakers can sometimes trip, but not 'look' like it, Turn all breakers off manually and back on. Good luck

Bill

Cummins12V98
12-04-2019, 10:30 AM
the microwave is not on a gfi circuit. It should be on a single circuit by it's self. Same for frig.the bedroom also should not be on gfi.
Breakers can sometimes trip, but not 'look' like it, turn all breakers off manually and back on. Good luck

bill

yep!!!!!!!

louwho99
12-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Stripit, porkchop, & Cummins12V98 - thank you all for your help! My husband has taken all suggestions & has gotten almost everything working EXCEPT for the microwave. There is power to the outlet for the microwave but it won't power on.
Wondering if there is a fuse in the microwave that needs to be replaced?
I think I'll start another post about that. Thanks again!!

jetjockey99
12-09-2019, 06:28 PM
It is possible that when the pedestal went out there was a voltage spike or a spike when turned back on the took out your microwave. I have seen several microwaves that did in fact have a fuse internely that was not user servicable and it was cheaper to replace than repair.

louwho99
12-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Yes, he's still trying to get the microwave to work. I'll be calling an appliance repair person soon if he can't get it fixed. I think this microwave/convection oven would be expensive to replace so I'm hoping it's fixable.