PDA

View Full Version : Service Manuals - International 4700 LP

glav
08-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Hello to the group! I am in need of a Service Manual for my truck. I have gone to various International dealers trying to purchase a Service Manual and a Electrical Manual. I guess everything is now on Isis CD and they want $400 for the disk, Ouch!!
So if any of you out there has a good source I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks
Gene

MDTdriver
08-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi Gene
I should have look at the fourm yesterday about the manual. We are leaving Wi. Thursday night I will try to call my dealer in the morning and check about it. I saw your post on the MDT forum tonight also.
I will post what I find out.

Larry & Kathy plus Meeko

glav
08-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks Larry any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gene

MDTdriver
08-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Hi Gene the parts person said he would call me back when he has some info. I will be taking down my internet dish in a few hours, I will be back on by mid day Friday in my next camp ground.
Will let you know when I hear somthing.

Larry

MDTdriver
08-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Dealer says they do not have these manuals for the 4700, no longer being made. Like posted in MDT forum contact International direct.
Sorry Gene.

Larry

glav
08-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks Larry for your help. That is the same response that I have gotten from the various dealers that I have talked to. Maybe some day will get with another 4700 and can copy some of the pages I need. But again thanks for the effort and help.
Gene

makinzy
09-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Not sure if this will suffice, but we also have an International 4700 (1999).
We have an "Operators Manual" Medium 1000 / 4000, copywrited 1999.

If this is what you're looking for, we can zerox the info you need an send it to you.

glav
09-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Hello mankiny! many thanks but I have those two manual already. I want to make some mods and repairss and would like a service manual and electrical manual. My heater/defroster has three little doors that continuly flap as we drive and it is about to drive me nuts. I am afraid that it is going to have to be removed in order to get at the cable end and door arm to replace the clip. My signal lights flasher on the dash is hard to see when the signal blinkers are blinking. As a result of that they usaually continue after I make the turn and it drive my wife nuts, so want to add some LED lights up about eye level, so that I can turned them off manually. I just recently purchased the truck used and I am spoiled with creature comforts from a nice 1 ton Dodge dually.
Any way thanks
Gene

Jerry
09-12-2006, 08:25 PM
glav,
I have almost a complete set of manuals on my '98 and they give no information for the heater/AC on how to disassemble. I have the same problem with one of my heater/AC doors making a flapping noise. I need to replace a thermostat switch in the heater/AC unit and I cannot locate it in the assembly. No one at the dealer can or will tell me how to get to it.
The electrical manual is very complete, but difficult to read. I spent my working life in truck maintenance and know how to read schematics. You can not trace any circuit without going to 5-6 different schematics and try to match the wire numbers and junctions between all of them. I bet it would be a pain in the tail to do it with a CD.
Jerry

RColston
12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Seems as though we have the same truck and problem. I cured my problem by picking up the ISIS CD from McCandless in Las Vegas. Pretty complete info. I use my laptop so it's not too inconvenient IMHO. You can call them at 800 245 6053, ask for Matt Williams. Im still getting to know the program, it is a little search dependent, but no paper manuals to be found.

Durand
11-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Hello, I have this pull nob in my truck that says air floor. I'm curious about what's it for. Apparently mines doesn't work

Stripit
11-03-2016, 09:43 AM
It really doesn't let much air change direction. I followed the cable to the flapper door and checked to see it actually move that door, but very little air flow. My feet would get cold when driving in the winter.

Durand
11-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Ok thanks so much, wasn't sure what it did. My friend truck has a nob there as well but his control the pto idle. Now I have to figure out how to get mines to idle when I engage the pto

Stripit
11-03-2016, 10:34 AM
What are you doing with a PTO? My truck was designed to pull my trailer, not run other equipment.

Durand
11-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Mines a tow truck with a wheel lift

Stripit
11-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Ok that makes sense why you have a pto.

Durand
11-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Do yours have bad power going uphill

Stripit
11-03-2016, 08:02 PM
My truck weighs 14,000lbs pulling 17,000lbs and yes with the 300hp set up and 6 sp Allison I slow up quite a bit going up anything of any height. I have the 4:44 rear axle ratio, 22.5 inch tires and it was ordered with 19.5 inch wheels and tires so the gear ratio may be wrong for the bigger tires? Not sure...

Durand
11-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Ok mines is terrible up hill, I'm not sure if the rest end is original or not. Mines have the 19.5 I have a friend that's selling a rear end with the 22.5 tires from a Chevy big cat or something. But I'm not sure if this will make a difference