PDA

View Full Version : Gray tank flush

MTK46
10-07-2019, 03:59 PM
any ideas of how to flush a gray tank.
I've had many of RVs over the years and once the gray tank is empty it shows empty on the drv it hangs at 1/3 or 2/3. My black tank flush works great as it will show empty once it's drained and flushed.

Stripit
10-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Besides using a Flush King for backwards flushing the tanks on a regular basis, I used to open the sliding panel in the front bay near the drivers side and located the waste drain pipe that was capped off right behind the door. Removed that cap and run a cut off piece of hose down that pipe a few feet and turn on the hose to blast water in to that pipe and then into the grey tank. Had to use a rag to seal off the end around the hose so no water would spray/leak back out when flushing. Be surprised what was hanging on the inside of that gray tank. I would do that when the gauges were reading wrong, helped a lot. So maybe every 4 to 6 months this was done. Normally waited till we were in a park with really good water pressure.

BearKeller
10-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Fill it 1/2 full of water and put in 1/2 bottle of DAWN dish soap and take it on a long bumpy curvey road and drain. Works great

mdedgett
10-14-2019, 06:52 PM
I use Tank Tec RX in a partially filled tank while traveling or in a full tank while sitting in a spot, give it two to three days minimum. Works wonders. Also while traveling it is good to use a cup of Calgon water softener and 1/2 cup of dawn in a 1/3 to 2/3 tank. I had a very bad problem once before I started using these methods and hired a Mobile RV guy to pressure wash the tank. Locally in Casa Grande, AZ Jim’s Mobile RV repair is the best you can find anywhere.

friz
10-14-2019, 08:21 PM
Suggestion. The problem is really the sensors which are gunked up. As this is grey water it is much more agreeable to work on than the black water tank. Drain the tank. Remove each sensor from the side of the tank and clean/reinstall.

Sweet Jesus - this post is from 2015!

MTK46
10-15-2019, 03:30 PM
2015? I just asked this question last week!

friz
10-15-2019, 06:02 PM
2015? I just asked this question last week!

Oops! A thousand pardons? I must have been looking at 2 threads at once or some such other nonsense. I am a history buff. At any rate, what did you think of my suggestion? Between Darby, Clyde (basset hounds) and I the consensus is that is was brillant!

MTK46
10-15-2019, 10:47 PM
Don't think I'd take a chance of them leaking after reinstalling them.

friz
10-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Don't think I'd take a chance of them leaking after reinstalling them.

Au contraie my fellow sojourner. This is why the Lord gave us silicon adhesive/sealant. I have actually cleaned the sensors on my black water tank and they have been accurate for the past 6 months sans leaking.