PDA

View Full Version : Residential Refrigerator while driving

Jerapais69
09-18-2019, 09:18 PM
I have an electric only residential frig. Taking first trip with new cyclone 4200. Aside from running generator for 5 hours, is there another way to keep frig cold? Thanks

wingnut60
09-18-2019, 11:27 PM
Is it not powered thru an inverter? Should be...this a new trailer, or new-to-you? Is there an inverter somewhere in the basement area? If not, a cold and closed fridge will hold temps without power for about 4-5 hours, tnen hookups or generator.
First thing, check for an inverter somewhere that only powers the fridge...

Notanlines
09-19-2019, 05:54 AM
Your refrigerator is powered through an inverter that will be turned on when you depart each morning. Your dually TV will charge your batteries in the Cyclone which in turn powers the inverter. It will be necessary for you to manually hit the switch, button, whatever to make it work unless your RV has 'In-Command" or some such nonsense to help you do it automatically. The switch will be located in your control center. Believe me, once you've figured this out it is seamless.

Jerapais69
09-19-2019, 07:11 AM
Yep. Got it thx! Found it near battery.

RRman
09-30-2019, 03:57 PM
No generator, no inverter, no Ice Cube melting in any journey we've taken with our Residential Fridge (albeit never more than 6-7 hours on the road). We keep the Fridge and Freezer pretty full and its one big "ice box". Especially not going to be an issue unless outside Temps are above 90.

Jerapais69
09-30-2019, 04:06 PM
Thanks! You must have an inverter switch as well, which I finally found.