PDA

View Full Version : What is it's function?

friz
07-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Yesterday will addressing black tank overfill issues I took a 2nd look at this thing. Never paid any attention to it before. The line goes directly to the side of the black water tank. A cap seems to be missing. The inside of the end is threaded possibly for the male end of a water hose. I can make a couple of guesses as to its function but I would like to hear it from someone who actually knows. Oh, by the way, it is on a 2004 Keystone Cougar 278 EFS 5th wheel.

wingnut60
07-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Just a guess, but an owner-installed flush connection?

friz
07-03-2019, 07:18 AM
Just a guess, but an owner-installed flush connection?

Good idea. Would be a easier then running a hose through the camper and into the toilet.

wingnut60
07-03-2019, 11:23 AM
Would be interesting to make sure there is a check valve in the line somewhere?

friz
07-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Would be interesting to make sure there is a check valve in the line somewhere?

"The line goes directly to the side of the black water tank". The system is the one described by Lt. Dan.

friz
07-07-2019, 08:59 PM
"The line goes directly to the side of the black water tank". The system is the one described by Lt. Dan.

Sorry for the confusion. I posted the same question on another forum. Lt. Dan responded that it was a Turbo Flush system.

pterrydactyl
07-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Just a guess but that I let looks like a flush mount water inlet.
The tubing tho’ yellowed reminds me of tigon (sp) tubing we used decades ago
On some medical equipment. It’s still used in food processing plants. As for the flush sprayer that’s anyone’s guess.
I think it wasn’t a kit but maybe homemade. But if it works..

It might be a good idea to install a one-way valve if you don’t see one. Just saying.

friz
07-09-2019, 06:41 AM
Just a guess but that I let looks like a flush mount water inlet.
The tubing tho’ yellowed reminds me of tigon (sp) tubing we used decades ago
On some medical equipment. It’s still used in food processing plants. As for the flush sprayer that’s anyone’s guess.
I think it wasn’t a kit but maybe homemade. But if it works..

It might be a good idea to install a one-way valve if you don’t see one. Just saying.

Amazon sells a kit by Camco. The pictured components look identical except for the sprayer nozzle inside the tank which I cannot and do not want to see.