PDA

View Full Version : Bathing (your rig) on the road

friz
05-03-2019, 08:18 AM
Do campgrounds (commercial, state/national parks, etc.) allow you to wash your rig at your campsite or have facilities for doing such? I kind of think "no" at your campsite as gray water is not dumped on the ground. I have not been camping in 13 years but will be on the road in June.

Notanlines
05-04-2019, 05:44 AM
It might be more common than you think. Many will offer the water for an additional $5-$10 or so. We usually do a quick wash on the front to remove the bugs, nothing fancy, but I'm going to do it regardless. However, we do not ever wash the RV complete in the campsite.

Hanr3
05-11-2019, 09:08 PM
I can't speak for other states, however none of the state campgrounds in Illinois have rules or regulations against washing the rv in the campsite.

LarryFlew
05-13-2019, 03:10 PM
Have never been denied being able to wash our rig anywhere between MN and AZ BUT most like an extra $10 and ALL want you to ask permission.

Gettin' to be an OF at 71 so the last year or so I just pay someone a $100ish for 37 foot Alpine.

elliott-maine
05-13-2019, 04:00 PM
You can always use a Blue Beacon or other truck wash. Around $65 for my truck and trailer at Blue Beacons. They follow directions well, and we have never had water get by the slides or in the wATER heater or furnace vents as we ask them not to spray them.

SrFox
05-14-2019, 06:46 AM
I always wash the nose cone when we stop but with a brush and bucket, not a garden hose. Nobody has ever complained. If I need to do more, I get permission.

Hanr3
05-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Thinking about this question some more. It may be an issue in drought stricken areas. Although after all the rain this past year I'm not sure if there are any more drought areas in the US?

friz
05-18-2019, 08:08 AM
Well, apparently my presumption was wrong. Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the key is to ask permission before sudzing up.