PDA

View Full Version : New DRV Furniture

4happyfeet
03-18-2019, 12:41 PM
Howdy, y'all! We purchased a 2019 MS 41RKSB4 in January. Love everything about the unit except the furniture. Feels cheap and is very uncomfortable. Looking for help as to where to shop and what will fit. Through the door? Through a window? Anybody re-fit theirs with new? Thanks, Kent

Cummins12V98
03-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Give it some time and it will have that nice broken in feeling!

https://i.imgur.com/hGXdZIIl.jpg

Stripit
03-18-2019, 05:02 PM
We pulled all ours out within the first few months and installed Ecorness Stressless and never looked back. The stuff the manufacturer buys for the trailers is less than long lasting good stuff.

4happyfeet
03-18-2019, 07:36 PM
I see that it definitely has that “lived in” look! LOL

wingnut60
03-19-2019, 06:22 AM
Kent,
Lots of posts about replacing factory furniture--Lambright up in Indiana gets a lot of mentions, Lazyboy also. If you aren't already on the other forums--Thor has a DRV section; Facebook has the DRVOwnersGroup and also DRVSoitc check them out too. And they all have gone thru the door--most of the furniture will disassemble to move in/out.

4happyfeet
03-19-2019, 06:47 AM
Thanks, wingnut60, I'll check them out. Good places to know about.

MTK46
03-19-2019, 11:59 AM
I didn't care for the chairs that came in our Mobile Suites when we bought it 4 months ago. Looked around & found these. They had 70" & 67" wide in four different colors. Had room for the 70" but went with the 67" ones. Difference was the center console. We didn't install the back for that console so we had access to the 110v plug & the window shades.

4happyfeet
03-19-2019, 12:04 PM
Nice. How did you get them through the door?

porthole
03-19-2019, 12:24 PM
What brand are these?

I suppose we will end replacing our recliners.
I ordered the theater seating.

One was DOA on delivery.
Had motors and controls replaced recently at Howe.

And less then two weeks after picking up I have another DOA recliner.

MTK46
03-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Nice. How did you get them through the door?

They came in three boxes. The backs one all three slide on. We assembled them in the 5th wheel. They aren't motorised or heated. Got them off Amazon. $929.95 shipped to my home.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9HBMGP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4happyfeet
03-19-2019, 01:21 PM
Interesting...we were looking at RecPro last night. Thanks!

Gemstone
03-25-2019, 05:55 PM
Too late for current owners, but the time to replace stock furniture is during the contract negotiation process, not after the fact when you have just paid a premium price for junk. This goes for the mattress, the recliners, the couch, the entertainment system, the coffee maker, the plumbing fixtures...whatever else you can.

Regards
Gemstone

Cummins12V98
03-26-2019, 09:12 AM
Too late for current owners, but the time to replace stock furniture is during the contract negotiation process, not after the fact when you have just paid a premium price for junk. This goes for the mattress, the recliners, the couch, the entertainment system, the coffee maker, the plumbing fixtures...whatever else you can.

Regards
Gemstone

Well sorta! The fact is they give you basically nuttin for a furniture credit. So we figured wheat the HE!! may as use what comes with it. After 3.5 years of full timing ours is starting to loose it's "SKIN".

So now we are in the market for some better quality furniture.

wingnut60
03-26-2019, 09:42 AM
Cummins is correct on the furniture credit, or any other item--basically, if getting new one, best to go ahead and take the crap and sell it soon after delivery.

Sadly, the cloth swivel/rocker/recliners in our old '05 lasted for 12 years of hard use, and looked great when traded. The new 'theater seating' doesn't come close to comfort of the old ones.

Cummins12V98
03-26-2019, 09:49 AM
"best to go ahead and take the crap and sell it soon after delivery"

That is a good option also! We thought ours was going to be ok but it started all of a sudden at just over 3 years with top layer de laminating. Still functions fine but NOT attractive!

Biggest problem I am seeing is finding a couch that will fit when the slides are retracted. Most seem too big front to back.

I have a nice quality air mattress that inflates/deflates and auto adjusts that will fit on the floor so a hide a bed is NOT needed.

I like the theater seating with center console. Leather is also wanted in darker color range.

Any suggestions???

MTK46
03-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Going to be hard to find real leather in one that will fit in a RV. Thomas Payne has some nice ones. Just not real leather.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Couches-and-Chairs/Thomas-Payne/195-095-096-094.html

Cummins12V98
03-26-2019, 12:59 PM
^^^^^ Thanks!

I know a DRV guy that flips his couch on it's back and takes the legs off to travel.

MTK46
03-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Another option if you have the room.
https://4seating.com/seatcraft-republic-home-theater-loveseat

terry and jo
03-31-2019, 08:35 PM
I'll have to do some checking on our couch. The wife is the one that ordered it a few months ago.

When we first got our 2010 MS, we determined that the couch and both recliners were junk. For the recliners, we put in a La-Z-Boy Reclinaway love seat model that doesn't have a center console. That way, if necessary, it can be used as some sort of bed.

As for the couch area, that went through different "versions" of furniture and a sewing center. After the wife decided to get rid of the sewing stuff, she ordered a couch that is probably what folks call a "jackknife" couch. It is short enough from back to front to be sitting in place and the slides come in.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Our-Home-on-Wheels/Latest-Additions-or-Changes/i-HH5cLNh/0/bceedd0f/X2/DSC_7190-X2.jpg (https://terrymiller.smugmug.com/Our-Home-on-Wheels/Latest-Additions-or-Changes/i-HH5cLNh/A)

Actually, she had ordered a different model, but when it arrived at the RV park, it was different from what she had ordered. The model numbers on the box was correct, but the couch was different. She decided that it would work for her and elected to not send the couch back. She did contact the company and they gave her money back for the difference in the prices of the two couches.

You may also notice that she had the living area carpet replaced with Hallmark vinyl plank flooring.

Terry

golf_bears
04-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Interesting that this post came up. We were at Lipertts's repair facility in Nov. and got to sit in the Thomas Payne Momentum theater seating. Really liked it, very comfortable and it would fit just right in our 2017 MS DBRS3. Thinking very seriously of getting it.

Has anyone got this piece of furniture and if so how do like it and is it holding up?

porthole
04-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Interesting that this post came up. We were at Lipertts's repair facility in Nov. and got to sit in the Thomas Payne Momentum theater seating. Really liked it, very comfortable and it would fit just right in our 2017 MS DBRS3. Thinking very seriously of getting it.

Has anyone got this piece of furniture and if so how do like it and is it holding up?

We have the optional $700 theater seating which is a powered Thomas Payne set.
One recliner was DOA at the dealer.

While at Howe for service both controls - electronics were replaced.
1 week after leaving DRV one recliner is dead.

They are mediocre for comfort, although i have no problem falling asleep.
The heat portion is the bottom only, would much prefer heat in the lumbar.

The chairs we have do not look like the models in the brochure on the site linked above.
So YMMV

Personally, I would not recommend what DRV offers as an upgrade.

jlsr
04-05-2019, 09:46 PM
Hi golf_bears ,
We have the Thomas Payne Momentum theater seating loveseat with center console in the chocolate brown color . It's wonderfully comfortable and so far holding up well. We have had it for only a year though.

golf_bears
04-06-2019, 07:47 AM
jlsr, thanks for the info. Always reassuring when one gets a good response on a product he wants to buy.

Tenbrooks
04-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Lambright builds furniture that will fit an RV. This is an Amish owned furniture maker near Shipshewana, IN. The furniture is made at their shop by Amish craftsman. I expect an order will take some time but the furniture is very well made.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=lambright+furniture+rv&qpvt=lambright+furniture+rv&FORM=IGRE

Tenbrooks
06-11-2019, 02:14 PM
I'd recommend Lambright. They are very near Shipshewana, IN and build furniture in house. All Amish craftsman build and they fit RV's as well as residential.

porthole
06-12-2019, 07:23 AM
I'd recommend Lambright. They are very near Shipshewana, IN and build furniture in house. All Amish craftsman build and they fit RV's as well as residential.

“Amish craftsmanship” use to be synonymous with quality.

Sure not the case with our woodwork.

Apparently face frame clamps are in short supply in Howe.

Cummins12V98
06-13-2019, 08:28 AM

We stopped there in 2016. They do make quality furniture BUT we couldn't get past it all looked like grandpa's furniture.