PDA

View Full Version : dually inner tire air

oldbird
02-20-2019, 05:37 PM
What product do you guys use on airing up your inner dually tires? Thanks, Glenn

wingnut60
02-21-2019, 10:28 AM
Glenn, are you asking HOW to get to the inner valve stem? Or type of compressor?

After years of dealing with Ford 450s with the 2" circle for access, I have a 6" straight valve stem installed on the inners--this allows me to put a straight air chuck on the stem without a lot of cussing. I carry a Porter Cable pancake compressor with me that has 150psi capability.

Joe

Cummins12V98
02-21-2019, 10:55 AM
ZERO issues using a 6" double end air chuck. I use the same type of tire pressure gauge.

oldbird
02-21-2019, 06:18 PM
OK, thanks. I was just wondering if the cable kits were used by anybody. I was just looking at the straight end air chucks that also has the angle one for the outer tire. Seems like those would work fine. I thought of you Joe when I got a new set of tires. I now have Sailun's on the camper and pickup. When I had them mounted on the pickup I wish I would have thought about those long valve stems. But I think the long straight air chuck and long pressure gauge will work fine.

porthole
02-22-2019, 11:13 AM
I use two different angle head chucks, one for the inner wheel and one for the outer.

Before i added tire pressure monitors I used a 6" extension inside of a plastic tube. It worked fine and never leaked.

oldbird
02-22-2019, 11:25 AM
Thanks Duane, what I should probably do is add the tire pressure monitors to the pickup. I have them on the 5er already. I never could figure out how the tire could stay balanced with added braided hoses anyway.

Cummins12V98
02-22-2019, 11:56 AM
" I never could figure out how the tire could stay balanced with added braided hoses anyway."

AGREED!

porthole
02-22-2019, 02:23 PM
Thanks Duane, what I should probably do is add the tire pressure monitors to the pickup. I have them on the 5er already. I never could figure out how the tire could stay balanced with added braided hoses anyway.

Couldn't tell the difference with or without.

wingnut60
02-22-2019, 04:44 PM
Balance? Consider Centramatics or beads to account for changing conditions.

oldbird
02-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Balance? Consider Centramatics or beads to account for changing conditions.

That's new school Joe, I'm old school. lol ;)

My orginal question was answered, thanks all! I've seen all kinds of setups where you can air them up together and they share a gauge etc. etc. I just wanted to know what the experts used.