PDA

View Full Version : 2014 keystone 34' montana high country 318re

robertsondan
12-05-2018, 03:40 PM
In September we bought a 2014 Montana High Country one owner 5th wheel.
While plugged into shore power for about a day and a half, I can hear a repeating beeping tone that occurs about 2 times a second (steady) on the outside of the coach. It seems to be coming from the front compartments. I immediately unplugged shore power and the tone not only stopped but it went down in pitch too? My first thought was my inverter. I contacted the manufacturer and they assured me their equipment is not designed to produce any audible signal(s).
While I corresponded with manufacturer, I left the unit without shore power. I decided to plug in again and have not heard any beeps whatsoever. This is over duration of 12 hours.
I have eliminated the propane and CO2 sniffers. I’m looking for suggestions on what piece of equipment could have been 0the source of the beeping sound.

Thank you!

wingnut60
12-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Just so you don't think you were ignored here, can't answer/help on the beep.

It is an inverter (12volt to 120volt) or a converter (120volt to 12volt, to charge the battery)?

How did you eliminate the detectors as a source?

Have you checked the actual condition of the battery(s)? Load-test? Might be replacement time...

Let us know if you find an answer.

Joe

robertsondan
12-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Here ya go!

Q It is an inverter (12volt to 120volt) or a converter (120volt to 12volt, to charge the battery)?
A Converter

Q How did you eliminate the detectors as a source? CO2 new battery, tests great.
A Propane sniffer...status light green, no propane smell in rig, gas appliances run fine.

Q Have you checked the actual condition of the battery(s)? Load-test? Might be replacement time..
A both 12v batteries are new installed by selling dealer in September.

Thanks.

wingnut60
12-06-2018, 06:07 PM
Leaves me at a loss as to where the beep came from. Appears to have corrected itself.
I can't think of any other possible source that you haven't gotten to already.
If it happens again--suggest you get in basement and try to pin down where it is coming from...open all compartments and check while it is beeping?
I don't have a Montana, so don't know the arrangements of the compartments and what could be located where. Hope you figure it out.

robertsondan
12-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Thanks for weighing in.
Keeping my fingers crossed that doesn’t come back.