PDA

View Full Version : Lights behind the clock replacement

richardwold
10-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2006 Elite Suites 36TK3. I am pretty happy with it for a 12 year trailer.

I am trying to figure out how to replace the lights behind the wall clock next to the entrance. I replaced the clock mechanism last year from the bathroom side but there is no access to the lights. It's down to 1 of 4 working. I would like to put an LED strip behind the glass but I cannot figure out how to pull the glass without damaging the wood moldings.

Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

Richard

WRWGN
10-29-2018, 05:19 PM
Wow. Yours has lights behind the clock. Ahh the good ole days.

I've got a 2019. The clock does not have a light behind it. A black clock on dark cherry wood renders the clock about as useful a a screen door on a submarine hatch.

I hope you get an answer to your question.

Walt
10-29-2018, 06:47 PM
Wow. Yours has lights behind the clock. Ahh the good ole days.

I've got a 2019. The clock does not have a light behind it. A black clock on dark cherry wood renders the clock about as useful a a screen door on a submarine hatch.

I hope you get an answer to your question.

I took the hands off and painted them Gold. Now I can see them.

sunbirds
10-29-2018, 08:01 PM
i put a piece of white poster board behind mine held on by the 2 black screw spacers just cut out the square for the clock part and a 13 1/2 inch circle show thru nice ill try to send a pic

sunbirds
10-29-2018, 08:24 PM
clock pic with poster board

RVStrayKatz
10-29-2018, 08:59 PM
Funny but I asked this very question today when I was at the plant. Their answer is to remove the moulding then take the clock out, replace with another. They can be ordered from DRV service, but when I asked how you get that moulding out without ruining it the guy just laughed. We have an Elite with dark clock on dark wood, who thought that one up?

richardwold
10-30-2018, 06:41 AM
Mine has back lights in each corner that turn on with the LIGHT switch on the monitor panel. It also turns on the step light leading up the steps to the bedroom. I replaced it with an LED and we leave it on all of the time. I guess I will have to try and pull the trim when we get to Florida this week. It should be a good winter project.

Thanks, Richard

porthole
10-30-2018, 10:20 AM
I haven't even bothered putting batteries in ours.
The new 2019 clocks look like junk. I don't think you could put a cheaper looking clock up.

richardwold
10-30-2018, 03:00 PM
This is my clock.

888 889

As you can see limited lighting doesn't do much good.

RVStrayKatz
10-30-2018, 09:21 PM
Mine has back lights in each corner that turn on with the LIGHT switch on the monitor panel. It also turns on the step light leading up the steps to the bedroom. I replaced it with an LED and we leave it on all of the time. I guess I will have to try and pull the trim when we get to Florida this week. It should be a good winter project.

Thanks, Richard

Richard, I would be interested in how you make out with this as it will be on my to do list.

Jack

WRWGN
11-04-2018, 01:40 PM
I like the white poster board. Now I have a project to do.

OneReallyOldGuy
11-05-2018, 06:38 PM
My wife hates that clock. I just ignore it.